Rep. Thomas Massie torched a reporter on Tuesday for asking him about his COVID-19 vaccination status, stating it was none of their business before revealing that he’s not vaccinated and won’t be until there’s sufficient science to back it up.
“First of all, it’s none of your business, but I’m going to tell you,” Massie (R-KY) tersely informed a reporter who claimed he was avoiding questions about whether or not he had been vaccinated. “I’m not vaccinated, and until there’s some science — by the way, I have a master’s of science degree from MIT. I’m not a virologist, but I can read data.”
“Everybody just needs to read, and don’t put your head in the sand. Look at the data,” Massie noted during the press conference regarding the Fire Fauci Act. “I’m not going to get the vaccine until there’s data that shows that it will improve upon the immunity that’s been conferred to me as a result of a natural infection that I had.” He tested positive for COVID-19 antibodies in July 2020.
Massie has pointed out for a long time that there was insufficient data that indicates those who have had COVID-19 should be vaccinated. He stated last month that it “unlikely” he would benefit from being inoculated: “I too am declining to take the vaccine because I previously recovered from SARS-CoV2 and it’s unlikely I would benefit from the vaccine at this point,” Massie tweeted in May. “But notice how the media uses the verb ‘refuse’ instead of the more appropriate verb ‘decline.’”
— Thomas Massie (@RepThomasMassie) June 17, 2021
Good for @RandPaul. I too am declining to take the vaccine, because I previously recovered from SARS-CoV2 and it’s unlikely I would benefit from the vaccine at this point.
But notice how the media uses the verb “refuse” instead of the more appropriate verb “decline.” pic.twitter.com/UxOX19V19p
— Thomas Massie (@RepThomasMassie) May 24, 2021
His comments follow a Cleveland Clinic study that contends that vaccinating individuals who had already contracted COVID-19 offers no additional benefit to that person.
The study examined over 52,000 Cleveland Clinic employees and found no significant decrease in COVID-19 infections for those who had already contracted the virus and later received a vaccination. Of those infections that did occur, 99.3% of those individuals had not been vaccinated or had a previous infection. The remaining 0.7% of infections came from vaccinated individuals that had no previous infection. The study did not find a single case of a person who was previously infected with COVID-19 becoming reinfected, regardless of vaccination status.
The study unsurprisingly concluded that vaccinations reduce the risk of COVID-19 for those who have never contracted the virus.
Massie is one of a number of House Republicans who has also refused to wear a mask. Others include Reps. Lauren Boebert, Beth Van Duyne, Louie Gohmert, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Brian Mast, Mary Miller, Ralph Norman, Chip Roy, and Greg Steube.
— Marjorie Taylor Greene 🇺🇸 (@mtgreenee) May 18, 2021
Massie has previously called for the leadership of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to be fired for “their constant stream of lies” concerning the coronavirus pandemic.
“If the government response to this virus has taught us anything, it’s that everyone at the top of @CDCgov needs to be fired. It’s being far too generous to characterize their constant stream of lies as ‘misinterpretations’ and ‘typos,’” Massie wrote on Twitter.
He has been a strong critic of both the CDC and National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases head Dr. Anthony Fauci. Massie is an original cosponsor of the “Fire Fauci Act,” which contends that Fauci “has continually failed to provide Americans with accurate information about the COVID–19 pandemic and has shown distrust in the American private sector and American ingenuity.”
Massie lambasted the CDC earlier this year for slow-walking the correction of a false claim that data showed the Pfizer vaccine was efficacious for people who had already recovered from the virus: “Instead of fixing it, they proposed repeating it and just phrasing their mistake differently. So, at that point, right now I consider it a lie. I think the CDC is lying about the efficacy of the vaccine based on the Pfizer trials for those who have already had the coronavirus,” Massie told “Full Measure.”
(Video Credit: Full Measure with Sharyl Attkisson)
- US Olympian Lilly King calls ‘bulls**t’ after silver medal win in 200-meter breaststroke - July 30, 2021
- GOP demands answers about Fauci phone call that made scientist suddenly reverse course on COVID - July 30, 2021
- Tucker Carlson addresses ‘dark thoughts’ over confrontation in Montana with unhinged leftist - July 30, 2021