Man rams SUV through front doors of police station after allegedly trying to run over officers

A Maryland man named Timothy Joel Jackson Kahl repeatedly threatened to kill a cop and then took his SUV and crashed it through the front doors of a police station lobby at about 10 p.m. Sunday before being tasered and arrested by officers.

Kahl, 24, is now being charged with attempted murder among numerous other counts. Officers contend he “intentionally” targeted police with his vehicle after first calling to tell them that he was going to kill an officer.

The altercation took place in the Havre de Grace suburb of Baltimore. Kahl reportedly made the threatening call on Sunday and then went on a rampage with his car that ended with him smashing through the front wall of the department’s headquarters. There was an ATM in the lobby, but fortunately, no one was there at the time. The police may install a barrier at the front of the station to prevent any future incidents.

After Kahl placed the call, officers went to his residence which is approximately a mile from the station: “When officers went to make contact with him he tried to run them over with his vehicle several times,” the police said in a statement. “He then fled the scene and drove straight to the Havre de Grace Police Department and drove his vehicle through the front doors of the station into the lobby.”

(Video Credit: WMAR-2 News)

Video footage caught the whole incident as it happened.

When Kahl’s rampage began, he allegedly hit several of his neighbor’s vehicles. They told the media they were just grateful no one got hurt. It was posited that Kahl had issues before the blowup. His mother says that he suffers from mental illness.

Neighbor Sheila Keyes told CBS Baltimore that Kahl pushed her new car into her house: “First, it was a big squealing noise, and then there was a boom!” she declared. “No life was lost—just property damage—so I’m grateful.”

Neighbor Arthur Bell’s car was also damaged in the rampage: “He could’ve ran into one of our homes,” Bell stated. “For the incident to start here and work its way around to the police station that is quite frightening.”

After crashing through the lobby, Kahl exited his SUV and then attacked police officers. He was tasered, arrested, and then taken to Harford Memorial Hospital.

Kahl was reportedly charged with two counts of first-degree attempted murder, reckless endangerment, two counts of first-degree assault, and three counts of malicious destruction of property with a value greater than $1,000. No motive has been determined at this time: “We still don’t know why he did what he did,” announced police Corporal Ken Terry.

“We’re grateful that nobody was injured in this. Our officers used great restraint,” Terry added. Police said they have had minor run-ins with Kahl before.


Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!

Success! Thank you for donating. Please share BPR content to help combat the lies.


We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

PLEASE JOIN OUR NEW COMMENT SYSTEM! We love hearing from our readers and invite you to join us for feedback and great conversation. If you've commented with us before, we'll need you to re-input your email address for this. The public will not see it and we do not share it.

Latest Articles