Powered by Topple

Chrissy Teigen’s cookware dumped by Target after vicious cyberbullying scandal blows up

Powered by Topple

Target has “parted ways” with model and television personality Chrissy Teigen’s cookware due to what they claim is a non-exclusivity arrangement, and not because of her alleged past cruel and vicious cyberbullying

Teigen’s Cravings cookware line has been dumped by Target and is no longer on its website. However, her three Cravings cookbooks are still reportedly available for sale on the site.

According to Target’s rep via Fox Business: “We made the mutual decision in December to no longer carry the cookware line, given our continued focus on brands we develop and that can only be found at Target.” They contend it has nothing to do with the model’s cyberbullying scandals. A source from the retailer reportedly told TMZ that the line was removed last month and was done so due to a mutual and amicable decision that was agreed to in December of 2020.

Target exclusively carried the line of cookware when it debuted. But it appears to now be available on Teigen’s website and through other outlets as well. The company says that some of their brick-and-mortar stores still have the cookware in inventory.

(Video Credit: Daily Blast LIVE)

Media personality, singer, and model Courtney Stodden accused Teigen in March of viciously cyberbullying her, even going so far as to encourage her to kill herself in 2011. “[Chrissy] wouldn’t just publicly tweet about wanting me to take “a dirt nap” but would privately DM me and tell me to kill myself. Things like, ‘I can’t wait for you to die,'” Stoddard recalled. She was just 16-years-old at the time. Teigen temporarily quit Twitter over the “negativity” and blowback.

On Wednesday, Teigen, the wife of singer John Legend, tweeted out a public apology to Stodden: “Not a lot of people are lucky enough to be held accountable for all their past bulls–t in front of the entire world,” Teigen stated addressing the 26-year-old non-binary singer’s criticism. “I’m mortified and sad at who I used to be. I was an insecure, attention seeking troll. I am ashamed and completely embarrassed at my behavior.”

“But that is nothing compared to how I made Courtney feel,” she remarked. “I have worked so hard to give you guys joy and be beloved and the feeling of letting you down is nearly unbearable, truly. These were not my only mistakes and surely won’t be my last as hard as I try but god I will try!!”

“All of me wants to believe this is a sincere apology, but it feels like a public attempt to save her partnerships with Target and other brands who are realizing her ‘wokeness’ is a broken record,” Stodden said.

“I accept her apology and forgive her. But the truth remains the same, I have never heard from her or her camp in private,” Stodden claimed in an Instagram post. She also asserts that Teigen banned her on Twitter.

Teigen also allegedly called actress Quvenzhané Wallis “cocky” in 2013. She was 9-years-old at the time. She reportedly branded “Teen Mom” star Farrah Abraham as a “whore” the same year.

“Is it okay to call a small child cocky?” Teigen tweeted after Wallis was nominated for an Oscar in 2013. “I am forced to like Quvenzhané Wallis because she’s a child right? Okay fine.” She would later delete the tweet.

During that same period, Teigen attacked then-21-year-old “Teen Mom” star Farrah Abraham. She tweeted: “farrah abraham now thinks she is pregnant from her sex tape. in other news you’re a whore and everyone hates you whoops not other news sorry.”

Apologies have not apparently been forthcoming yet for those incidents.

Comments

Latest Articles