CHECK OUT BizPacReview on Parler!
Sharon Osbourne, one of the original hosts of CBS’s “The Talk,” has been removed from the show in a move that, for all intents and purposes, sounds like she was fired.
The announcement came Friday, only days after she caved and apologized for the purported crime of defending both herself and British commentator Piers Morgan from dubious, convoluted allegations of racism.
“Sharon Osbourne has decided to leave The Talk,” CBS reportedly said in a statement, making it sound as if her departure was voluntary versus forced.
Yet, as the statement continued, it sounded more and more as if she’d been fired.
“The events of the March 10 broadcast were upsetting to everyone involved, including the audience watching at home. As part of our review, we concluded that Sharon’s behavior toward her co-hosts during the March 10 episode did not align with our values for a respectful workplace,” the statement reportedly read.
During the March 10th broadcast of “The Talk,” Osbourne was confronted by black co-host Sheryl Underwood for her support of Morgan, whom she described as a “long-time friend and work colleague,” and accused of perpetuating “white entitlement, privilege.”
The allegations of racism emerged after Morgan spoke out critically against “woke princess” Meghan Markle and her highly suspect claims that she was once suicidal because of the Royal Family’s alleged racism.
“[Morgan] doesn’t want to understand how Meghan was treated was racism and then says, ‘I don’t see it as being racist, I don’t believe what she’s going through.’ It’s that white entitlement, privilege that makes it racist upon itself,” Underwood said.
“So if you’re saying ‘I stand with you,’ how do you address people who say then you are standing with racism? I’m not saying that you are,” she then asked Osbourne.
This led to an offended Osbourne fiercely firing back:
— Conservative News (@BIZPACReview) March 11, 2021
But for defending herself — and to a black woman, to boot — Osbourne came under heavy fire, and the hashtag #FireSharonOsbourne went viral.
It is imperative that @MrsSOsbourne be held accountable 4 her incessant racist behavior. Like many white women far and wide she has been allowed 2 slide for far too long. Her opinion is of no value, and she is a menace to the workplace, and the @CBS platform. #FireSharonOsbourne
— Amanda Seales 🇬🇩✊🏾 △⃒⃘ (@amandaseales) March 14, 2021
Continuing their statement, the folks at CBS then pushed back on Osbourne’s suggestion that she’d essentially been set up.
“We also did not find any evidence that CBS executives orchestrated the discussion or blindsided any of the hosts. At the same time, we acknowledge the network and studio teams, as well as the showrunners, are accountable for what happened during that broadcast as it was clear the co-hosts were not properly prepared by the staff for a complex and sensitive discussion involving race,” the statement read.
In an interview with Variety magazine after the debacle occurred earlier this month, Osbourne claimed that she’d been “blindsided” by the whole ordeal.
“I blame the network for it. I was blindsided, totally blindsided by the whole situation. In my 11 years, this was the first time I was not involved with the planning of the segment,” she told the magazine.
According to Variety, “Osbourne says about eight minutes before the show began … a showrunners called and ask her if it was OK if they asked about Morgan.”
But she certainly wasn’t expecting the type of questions and accusations that wound up being tossed out by Underwood.
In a separate interview with Entertainment Tonight, she accused the show of making her its “sacrificial lamb.”
‘How dare you all do this to me!’: Sharon Osbourne reveals how co-hosts treated her over racism… https://t.co/ZpuvtfLDvM
— Bo Snerdley (@BoSnerdley) March 17, 2021
CBS concluded its statement by vowing to institute diversity training.
“During this week’s hiatus, we are coordinating workshops, listening sessions and training about equity, inclusion and cultural awareness for the hosts, producers and crew. Going forward, we are identifying plans to enhance the producing staff and producing procedures to better serve the hosts, the production and, ultimately, our viewers,” the statement read.
“The Talk” has been off air ever since the incident but is reportedly slated to return on April 12th, albeit without Osbourne.
Over on Twitter, Osbourne’s been quiet ever since she caved and posted an apology on March 12th that many now feel may have been the nail in the coffin. This belief is based on the assertion that one must never apologize to the “woke” mob.
They canceled her because we are not allowed to support someone they are trying to cancel, or they will cancel us, too. That’s how they work, which is why Sharon never should have apologized like she did, because she did nothing wrong.
— Chris Krok (@chriskrokshow) March 27, 2021
Never capitulate to the woke mob, Sharon.
You were right to challenge unsubstantiated claims of racism toward @piersmorgan and by extension yourself.
You can’t prove you’re not racist, you can’t prove a negative. The burden of proof is on them.
Stand strong, we’re with you.💪
— Calvin Robinson (@calvinrobinson) March 12, 2021
Sharon Osbourne apologized and groveled for defending Piers Morgan after he didn’t buy into Harry and Megan’s sob story.
Now Sharon is being canceled.
If liberals are offended, mock them.
Better to be canceled standing up than live on your knees.
— Mark Dice (@MarkDice) March 16, 2021
- ‘Bitter fruit of Trump’: Biden’s mounting court losses on vaxx mandates blamed on his predecessor - December 5, 2021
- Controversial ‘activist’ arrested, charged with trying to intimidate judge in Daunte Wright shooting case - December 5, 2021
- Liberal media pounce on BBC reporter for tweeting that Biden wasn’t wearing mask inside DC eatery - December 5, 2021