‘Do we still have to believe her?’ Piers Morgan triples down on Meghan Markle

Piers Morgan is tripling down on his initial stance that Meghan Markle was not to be believed after her bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey, where the Duchess of Sussex and her whipped husband Prince Harry said there were palace concerns about how dark their future baby’s skin might be.

In the interview, Markle claimed she had become suicidal living a royal life and that the palace would not steer help her way. She also claimed that the couple has secretly wed several days before their grand wedding ceremony seen by the world.

It’s the wedding claim that has blown up in the face of the royal whiners.

The Daily Mail reported on Monday that the alleged private ceremony claim has been debunked, citing the release of their marriage certificate by the General Register Office — the article noted that the official who drew up the license said Markle is “obviously confused” over the wedding.

This prompted Morgan to respond: “Do we still have to believe her?”

The British tabloid said former chief clerk Stephen Borton told The Sun: “They did not marry three days earlier in front of the Archbishop of Canterbury.”

More from the Daily Mail:

“The Special Licence I helped draw up enabled them to marry at St George’s Chapel in Windsor and what happened there on 19 May 2018 and was seen by millions around the world was the official wedding as recognised by the Church of England and the law.

“What I suspect they did was exchange some simple vows they had perhaps written themselves, and which is fashionable, and said that in front of the Archbishop — or, and more likely, it was a simple rehearsal.”

 

 

The Archbishop of Canterbury’s office has been mum about the claim — if it is untrue, it casts doubt over everything the couple told Winfrey.

Vicar Rev. Mark Edwards contacted the Archbishop’s office to “get some clarity” on church policy, telling The Sun that a source said private weddings are not done.

“Meghan is an American, she doesn’t understand,” Edwards said, claiming his source told him that Archbishop Justin Welby “had a private conversation with the couple in the garden about the wedding, but I can assure you, no wedding took place until the televised national event.”

Morgan, a staunch defender of the Royal Family, walked away from his job hosting “Good Morning Britain” after the woke mob turned on him when he first said that he didn’t believe Markle’s tale of woe.

After several days of reflection, he would stand by the assertion.

“On Monday, I said I didn’t believe Meghan Markle in her Oprah interview,” Morgan tweeted two days later. “I’ve had time to reflect on this opinion, and I still don’t. If you did, OK. Freedom of speech is a hill I’m happy to die on. Thanks for all the love, and hate. I’m off to spend more times with my opinions.”

He has since referred to her claims as “Meghan Markle’s bullsh*t.”

Last week, Morgan called on his fellow British subjects to “stand up for our Queen” in the face of a “disgusting” campaign to paint the family as racists.

He tweeted: “There’s a very deliberate & malicious campaign being perpetrated by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to smear, defame and trash Britain, our Monarchy & the Royal Family as a bunch of heartless racists. It’s disgusting. Time to stand up for our Queen.”

Powered by Topple

Tom Tillison

Comments

Latest Articles