Meghan Markle claims the Palace was behind her name change on son Archie’s birth certificate

Rumors were flying in the media that Meghan Markle changed her name on her son Archie’s birth certificate, but she set things straight on Sunday, revealing it was “The Palace” that dictated the change, not her. A spokesperson for the Duchess of Sussex revealed that the omission of her name on the certificate was not her choice.

“The change of name on public documents in 2019 was dictated by The Palace, as confirmed by documents from senior Palace officials. This was not requested by Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex nor by The Duke of Sussex,” a released statement read.

This clarification came about because an updated version of Archie’s birth certificate appeared online over the weekend. The Sun noted the change to Markle’s name and the rest of the media ran with it from there. Her name on the document now reads: “Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex.” Her husband Harry’s reads: “His Royal Highness Prince Henry Charles Albert David Duke of Sussex.” This caused an immediate whirlwind of speculation.

The changes came about in June 2019. That was just a month after Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor was born. Why the uproar over this is occurring now is a good question.

Originally, rumors had it that the changes were somehow a slap at Meghan’s sister-in-law Kate Middleton or somehow in honor of Princess Diana. A spokesperson for Meghan stomped on those rumors saying they were not true:

“To see this U.K. tabloid and their carnival of so-called ‘experts’ chose to deceptively whip this into a calculated family ‘snub’ and suggest that she would oddly want to be nameless on her child’s birth certificate, or any other legal document would be laughable were it not offensive. There’s a lot going on in the world; let’s focus on that rather than creating clickbait,” the spokesperson said.

According to the Daily Beast, on Sunday, Buckingham Palace sources stated that a “clerical error and nothing more than that” was at issue concerning the alteration to Archie’s certificate.

Harry and Meghan have been married since 2018. They have been silent for almost a year and the media has been salivating to find out why. Harry had to squelch rumors that they had quit social media altogether.

“We will revisit social media when it feels right for us — perhaps when we see more meaningful commitments to change or reform — but right now we’ve thrown much of our energy into learning about this space and how we can help,” he said. No one is sure exactly what that meant.

Last January, they stepped down as “senior” royals and there was talk of extreme family turmoil and upset over the whole situation. That caused the couple to step out of the limelight and avoid the press at all costs. That seemed to mollify the Royal Family somewhat as well. Since then, there has been little heard from Meghan or Harry.

The couple now resides in California on their own dime, but the rumors still keep swirling. The couple has to smack them down one at a time.

Powered by Topple

Comments

Latest Articles