Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said in a tweet Monday night that he will not authorize the deployment of the Texas National Guard to Washington, D.C. again if the troops are going to be disrespected.
Responding to a Washington Post article on the Pentagon was vetting National Guard members tapped to help with security on Inauguration Day for extremist ties, the Republican governor called it “the most offensive thing I’ve ever heard.”
In effect, with an assist from the FBI, the 25,000-plus soldiers deployed to DC in a show of force are being submitted to background checks — essentially a political purity test– to ensure that they are not an inside threat endangering Joe Biden. Seriously.
“This is the most offensive thing I’ve ever heard. No one should ever question the loyalty or professionalism of the Texas National Guard. @TexasGuard I authorized more than 1,000 to go to DC. I’ll never do it again if they are disrespected like this,” Abbott tweeted.
This is the most offensive thing I’ve ever heard.
No one should ever question the loyalty or professionalism of the Texas National Guard. @TexasGuard
I authorized more than 1,000 to go to DC.
I’ll never do it again if they are disrespected like this.https://t.co/STZDMz7PGm
— Greg Abbott (@GregAbbott_TX) January 19, 2021
The Post reported the troops in DC are being subject to “security screenings,” saying that “investigators have identified a growing list of people with law enforcement and military ties, including at least two service members, among the rioters who stormed Congress” on Jan. 6.
The screeners are looking for links to extremist or other violent groups — you can be sure that oft-violent Black Lives Matter will not be among the offending groups.
Calling the military participation “unique,” Acting Defense Secretary Christopher C. Miller acknowledged there is no evidence justifying the necessity.
“While we have no intelligence indicating an insider threat, we are leaving no stone unturned in securing the Capitol,” Miller said in a statement.
“This type of vetting often takes place by law enforcement for significant security events. However, in this case the scope of military participation is unique.”
— Department of Defense 🇺🇸 (@DeptofDefense) January 18, 2021
Adding insult to injury, Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn., chairman of the Constitution and Civil Justice subcommittee, pointed to the race and sex of the troops for justification, after pointing out that Egypt President Anwar Sadat and India Prime Minister Indira Gandhi “were killed by their own people.”
Noting that the National Guard is overwhelmingly white and most members did not vote for Biden, the Democrat said on Monday that 75% of the soldiers are a potential threat “to do something.”
“I think the Guard is 90-some-odd-percent I believe male, only about 20% of white males voted for Biden,” Cohen said. “You gotta figure that in the Guard, which is predominantly more conservative and I see that on my social media, and we know it, there are probably not more than 25% of the people there protecting us that voted for Biden, the other 75% are in the class that would be the large class of folks who might want to do something.”
The left, with a huge assist from the corrupt media, is exploiting the violent few who stormed the Capitol for maximum political value, using it to censor, control, and even purge Trump supporters.
Here’s a quick sampling of responses to the story that Twitter opted not to censor:
Our Guards and Military are a major part of our nation!!! They should never be treated this way!!!! They all put their lives on the line for our safety!!! I want to say I appreciate each and everyone of them!!!!
— jessie cazalas (@JCazalas) January 19, 2021
Exactly. It is going too far. You do not disrespect those who fight for our country.
— Ash 🗯 (@annie_neutralx) January 19, 2021
Don’t they check that BEFORE allowing them to join the national guard?
— Alex4Web (@alex4web) January 19, 2021
Outrageous!! We expect our military to swear an oath to “support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America”, not demand they effectively swear loyalty oaths to the new regime. @JoeBiden should put a stop to this offensive purge before it gets worse.
— Matt Beebe (@TheMattBeebe) January 19, 2021
Loyalty tests for all. https://t.co/6fiNmknYXv
— Joe, son of James (@LakesFirearmsTr) January 18, 2021
What's the criteria?
Loyalty to their oath to protect + defend the US Constitution & protect from her enemies, both Foreign + Domestic?
Or loyalty to incoming "The Regime"?
— Mind Your Media (@KimchiCasi) January 19, 2021
— Arthur Kimes (@ComradeArthur) January 19, 2021
- ‘Orwellian’: Denver bar demands proof of COVID vaccination for indoor dining - April 13, 2021
- ‘Conspiracy theory’: Daily Mail, ACLU tweet dubious rumor Daunte Wright was pulled over for an air freshener - April 13, 2021
- ‘Finger on the pulse’: Psaki’s stark stereotype of white conservatives prompts plenty of hilarity - April 13, 2021