WaPo faces backlash for shameful story run on Amy Coney Barrett’s kids

Get the latest BPR news delivered free to your inbox daily. SIGN UP HERE


CHECK OUT WeThePeople.store for best SWAG!

One of America’s most left-wing mainstream papers, The Washington Post, is facing backlash for running a report that critics have described as an “attack” on Supreme Court nominee Judge Amy Coney Barrett’s children.

Published Friday, the report revealed that parents at an Indiana school that “some” of Barrett’s children attend freaked out after the school’s principal informed them Thursday that two students and a teacher had contracted the coronavirus.

Because the SCOTUS nominee and her children had been at the White House and around the president during her Sept. 26th nomination, the parents assumed without evidence that the virus had reached the school through them.

In fairness to the Post, the paper made it clear “there is no evidence linking the school infections to the White House event.” Moreover, this story was originally reported by The New York Times, albeit as just a small snippet of a larger report.

Critics argue that the left-wing paper still deserves backlash anyway because it should have never published the story in the first place. Why? Because it’s a resolved matter.

“A White House official who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive health matters said Barrett’s children have tested negative, never showed symptoms and were kept out of school after revelations that some who attended the White House ceremonies had tested positive,” the Post’s report noted.

And in an email to parents, the principal himself reportedly said he’s been “assured at this point that the risk of exposure for other individuals at Trinity School who were not identified as close contacts is no greater than the risk of getting the virus in the general community.”

Yet the Post chose to run a full story about Barrett’s children anyway and even share it to Twitter, where it’s been blasted with fierce backlash and scathing accusations.

Look:

Reinhard is one of the writers who penned the report.

Now view the growing backlash below:

This is admittedly how it usually works: The media present “news” that’s dubious and hasn’t been confirmed, left-wing zealots interpret the “news” as factual, the real truth finally emerges, and the media then publish a correction but nobody reads it.

Most of the time, it seems like left-wing zealots don’t even read the original story — instead, they gobble up the clickbait headline and run with that.

It appears the same thing happened this time.

Observe:

Everything written above is speculatory nonsense based on a claim that the Post has admitted “there is no evidence” to substantiate.

But again, this is how it always works, isn’t it?

Reinhard eventually posted a follow-up tweet Friday evening that read, “White House spokesman Judd Deere took issue with this article, saying, ‘The Barrett children should be off limits. Period.'”

That sounds about right …

Powered by Topple

Vivek Saxena

Comments

Latest Articles