Keith Olbermann: ‘Trump and his supporters must be prosecuted, convicted and removed from our society’

Get the latest BPR news delivered free to your inbox daily. SIGN UP HERE


CHECK OUT WeThePeople.store for best SWAG!

Former MSNBC host Keith Olbermann slammed President Donald Trump as a “terrorist” in a shocking rant calling for the president to be “expunged.”

The liberal pundit, who announced his exit from ESPN this week, unloaded on Trump on his YouTube channel Thursday, even calling for the president’s supporters and conservatives including Supreme Court nominee Judge Amy Coney Barrett to be “prosecuted and convicted and removed from our society.”

In announcing his departure from ESPN this week to allow him to do more political commentary, Olbermann launched what he described as a “new live, daily commentary series with YouTube, focused on the presidential election.”

His ranting began on “The Worst Person in the World” and saw him tear into the president and his supporters in a 14-minute monologue on Thursday, declaring that Trump should be “destroyed” and “devoured at the ballot box.”


(Via Media Research Center)

“Trump can be and must be expunged. The hate he has triggered, the Pandora’s box he has opened, they will not be so easily destroyed,” Olbermann said.

“So, let us brace ourselves. The task is twofold,” he continued.

“The terrorist Trump must be defeated, must be destroyed, must be devoured at the ballot box,” the liberal raged, “and then he and his enablers and his supporters and his collaborators and the Mike Lees and the William Barrs and the Sean Hannitys and the Mike Pences and the Rudy Giulianis and the Kyle Rittenhouses and the Amy Coney Barretts must be prosecuted and convicted and removed from our society while we try and rebuild it and to rebuild the world Trump has nearly destroyed by turning it over to a virus.”

He warned that the “the fight does not end” on Election Day but will go on regardless of November’s outcome.

“Remember it. Even as we dream of a return to reality and safety and the country for which our forefathers died, that the fight is not just to win an election, but to win it by enough to chase, at least for a moment, Trump and the ‘MAGAts’ off the stage,” he said, referring to the president’s supporters, which some believed he addressed as “maggots’.”

“And then try to clean up what they left. Remember it. Even though to remember it, means remembering that the fight does not end November 3rd, but in many ways will only begin that day,” Olbermann added.

In announcing his exit from ESPN, where he returned for the third time as a sports commentator in 2018, the 61-year-old said this time it was “in every different way imaginable.”

“I have adhered to their desire for their sportscasters to refrain from purely political commentary (an approach with which I largely agree), and they have now agreed with my desire to go and serve my country by focusing my energy on political commentary,” he wrote on Twitter.

In promoting his YouTube commentaries on Twitter, Olbermann referred to Trump supporters as terrorists, thugs, “keyboard warriors” and fascists, claiming they “are very angry that I’m back!” Before abruptly leaving MSNBC in 2011, he had been hosting “Countdown with Keith Olbermann” since 2003.

Conservative filmmaker and author Dinesh D’Souza slammed Olbermann as an “unhinged maniac” using language “not heard since Germany in the 1930s.”

“Even I, with my low expectations of this guy, was a little shocked by his latest diatribe,” D’Souza said on his YouTube channel.

Twitter users also expressed their outrage.

 

Frieda Powers

Senior Staff Writer
[email protected]

Originally from New York, Powers graduated from New York University and eventually made her way to sunny South Florida where she has been writing for the BizPacReview team since 2015.
Frieda Powers

Comments

Latest Articles