Get the latest BPR news delivered free to your inbox daily. SIGN UP HERE
CHECK OUT WeThePeople.store for best SWAG!
Former White House counselor Kellyanne Conway revealed that she is “feeling fine” after having tested positive for the coronavirus.
The former White House advisor tweeted Friday that she was experiencing mild symptoms of COVID-19 and was isolating herself at the recommendation of physicians. Her announcement came hours after it was learned that Bill Stepien, President Trump’s campaign manager, had also tested positive Friday evening.
Conway and Stepien joined others who have tested positive for the virus in the last few days including the president himself as well as First Lady Melania Trump. White House aide Hope Hicks, Sens. Mike Lee, R-Utah, and Thom Tillis, R-N.C., Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wisc., and RNC chair Ronna McDaniel are among Republicans who also tested positive this week.
“Tonight I tested positive for COVID-19. My symptoms are mild (light cough) and I’m feeling fine. I have begun a quarantine process in consultation with physicians,” Conway tweeted Friday night. “As always, my heart is with everyone affected by this global pandemic.”
Tonight I tested positive for COVID-19. My symptoms are mild (light cough) and I’m feeling fine. I have begun a quarantine process in consultation with physicians.
As always, my heart is with everyone affected by this global pandemic. ❤️
— Kellyanne Conway (@KellyannePolls) October 3, 2020
Conway’s message came soon after her daughter, Claudia, shared on TikTok that her mother had tested positive for COVID-19.
Claudia Conway, Kellyanne Conway’s daughter, is going off on Tik Tok: “My mom has COVID” pic.twitter.com/BZJRqbYkhh
— philip lewis (@Phil_Lewis_) October 3, 2020
Though it was not clear where Conway may have contracted the virus, it appears she had attended the same White House event as several other people who have since tested positive. Conway, who no longer works at the White House after stepping down at the end of August, along with Senators Mike Lee and Thom Tillis as well as John Jenkins, the president of Notre Dame University, are all COVID-19 positive and were all at the Rose Garden ceremony last weekend where Trump formally nominated Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court.
Kellyanne was in attendance at the Rose Garden pic.twitter.com/v9lRkj6aqq
— philip lewis (@Phil_Lewis_) October 3, 2020
Lee revealed he was experiencing “symptoms consistent with longtime allergies” but had tested negative for the virus only a few days ago “while visiting the White House.”
— Mike Lee (@SenMikeLee) October 2, 2020
Tillis, a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, had met with Barrett more than once but the Supreme Court nominee has reportedly tested negative for the virus.
Meanwhile, the president’s campaign manager has become the latest in Trump’s inner circle to test positive and plans to work from home while in quarantine, a campaign official told Politico. Stepien took over the campaign in July after previous manager Brad Parscale was reassigned.
The 42-year-old, who once managed former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s gubernatorial campaigns, had traveled with the president and Hicks aboard Air Force One to Cleveland, Ohio for Tuesday’s presidential debate, according to Politico. He also reportedly met with Trump in the White House on Monday.
A senior campaign official told the outlet that Stepien was experiencing “mild flu-like symptoms.” Deputy Campaign Manager Justin Clark will reportedly be overseeing the campaign’s Arlington, Va. headquarters while Stepien isolates and recovers.
Trump campaign rallies scheduled for Florida, Wisconsin and on the West Coast had to be postponed or canceled this week after the president was diagnosed. Trump, 74, released a video Friday evening after having announced earlier that he and the first lady had tested positive. He shared that he was “doing very well” but headed to Walter Reed Medical Center.
“Going well, I think! Thank you to all,” he tweeted later in the night.
Going welI, I think! Thank you to all. LOVE!!!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 3, 2020
Anyone “who has had exposure to someone testing positive should immediately begin self-quarantine,” Stepien told staff in a memo Friday.
“While we do not believe anyone without symptoms needs to self-quarantine at this time,” he added, “it is on all of us to continue to exercise the smart judgment and practices the campaign has long encouraged.”
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Troops DEPLOYED on U.S. soil – Democrat governor goes off the rails! - September 4, 2023
- $800 Million GONE – Government deal goes completely wrong! - August 30, 2023
- Doocy presses White House spox on Biden health czar’s proposed two beer limit - August 29, 2023
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.