Ilhan Omar directly accused of setting up alleged ‘cash for ballot’ scheme in new video

Get the latest BPR news delivered free to your inbox daily. SIGN UP HERE


CHECK OUT WeThePeople.store for best SWAG!

New video from Project Veritas released on Monday features a former campaign co-worker directly implicating Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) in an alleged “pay-for-ballot scheme” throughout her Minneapolis district.

In an interview Monday with Fox News’ Sean Hannity, James O’Keefe, founder and CEO of Project Veritas, provided more details.

After the host noted that the Heritage Foundation’s effort to track voter fraud in the U.S. has identified nearly 1,300 cases — in pushback against Democrats and left-leaning media pundits who say such cases don’t exist — O’Keefe said the videos and audio recordings amount to “incontrovertible evidence” of vote fraud.

It’s “the first time we’ve actually seen the deed being done,” he added.

“The media says there’s no evidence, even the director of the FBI last week said there’s no evidence of voter fraud. Well, there you have it,” O’Keefe continued, noting that in Minnesota, it’s against state law to have more than three ballots in one’s possession.

“It’s also a federal crime because this guy was going around residential buildings in Minneapolis pressuring people for these ballots, taking them away from the elderly,” O’Keefe said.

The newly released clip begins with an alleged “ballot harvester” — a man designated to collect mail-in ballots from voters — buying a registration form from a man for a reported $200, expecting to collect the mail-in ballot after the newly registered voter receives it.

In the video, the harvester explains to the other man how to fill out the registration form.

“Yes…tonight we close the deal, okay?” the male harvester asks, apparently in reference to paying the new registrant off.

“Yes, yes,” the registrant says.

“Now, take this [money] for your pocket change,” the harvester says, handing the man cash.

“Okay, when I fill it out I will bring it to you,” the registrant says.

Project Veritas reported that audio recording portrays a new registration being paid $800 in exchange for his ballot.

“That is illegal, isn’t it?” asks the registrant.

“We don’t care, illegal,” the harvester says in the recorded clip.

“I was given money so I could vote,” a male voice is heard saying.

“How much were you given?” asks another man.

“$800,” he replied.

The Project Veritas video then notes that Omar herself “may be connected” to the “pay-to-vote scheme.”

The next clip features someone identified as a former Omar campaign co-worker, a woman, who directly implicates the freshman Minnesota lawmaker and Somali immigrant.

“She’s the one who came up with all this,” the woman charges.

“So, she [Omar] did it? She started this whole thing with the pay to vote?” asks a male undercover interviewer.

He later asks, “So, the people that work for Ilhan are actually counting the ballots, counting the vote?”

“And they [Omar’s campaign staffers] become a manager in the precinct too,” the former staffer responds.

In another audio recording featuring Omar Jamal, an insider who assisted Project Veritas in its investigation, says, “Ilhan and this group?”

A second man identified as Osman Ali Dahquane, a harvester responds, “They spent a lot of money.”

Additional undercover video featuring a Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party named “Jamal” claimed that if some voters don’t have absentee ballots, the ballot harvesters go to the polls with the voter under the guise of being a translator and tell the voter who to select, even if the voter speaks English.

Dahquane also says that he has to pay off al-Shabaab, a militant group linked to al-Qaeda, “to leave me alone.”

Other sources say that Omar’s biggest financier for the pay-for-vote scheme is also behind efforts to defund Israel, Project Veritas claimed.

Earlier video released by Project Veritas on Monday purports to show a ballot harvester identified as Liban Mohamed claiming to have some 300 collected ballots in his vehicle.

O’Keefe said local prosecutors who were contacted about the claims made in the undercover videos agreed that the activities appear to violate state and federal laws.

To that point, the Minneapolis Police Department said in a statement Monday it is aware of the allegations and has launched an investigation.

Also Monday, President Donald Trump addressed the bombshell allegations in a tweet, saying he hoped “the U.S. attorney in Minnesota has this.”

Jon Dougherty

Staff Writer
[email protected]

Jon is a staff writer for BizPac Review with 30 years' worth of reporting experience, as well as an author and U.S. Army veteran. He has a BA in political science from Ashford University and an MA in national security studies/intelligence analysis from American Military University.
Jon Dougherty

Comments

Latest Articles