Get the latest BPR news delivered free to your inbox daily. SIGN UP HERE.
Attorney General William Barr dealt with hours of disrespect from House Democrats during Tuesday’s hearing with blunt truth, snappy comebacks and even mocking laughter.
The attorney general, who was repeatedly insulted by Democrats grandstanding during a contentious House Judiciary Committee hearing, at times grew frustrated with their interruptions and refusals to let him answer questions they bombarded him with. One exchange with Democrat Rep. Madeleine Dean seemed to confirm Barr’s disbelief at the clown show when all he could do was laugh.
Inject this clip of Barr laughing straight into my veins pic.twitter.com/MapMq9cyf5
— Will Chamberlain (@willchamberlain) July 28, 2020
Dean lectured Barr about his role in directing federal agents to allegedly clear protesters out of Washington, D.C.’s Lafayette Park last month ahead of President Donald Trump’s “photo op” in front of St. John’s Church. The Pennsylvania Democrat was discussing the use of chemicals, specifically pepper balls, used to break up the crowds when she asked Barr if he was aware of a Department of Justice policy on the “use of less-lethal weapons.”
“What policy?” Barr asked.
“The one I’ve just provided to you,” Dean replied.
“What does it say? What’s the policy?” Barr questioned, looking to the screen the congresswoman pointed to.
“Well, I showed it to you,” she remarked with her head down in her notes.
But as she attempted to move on, Barr looked about with an incredulous expression and finally had to laugh at the absurdity.
“Perhaps you weren’t listening,” Dean scolded as Barr repeated his question about which policy she was referring to specifically.
As the Democrat moved on about the pepper balls and chemicals, Barr attempted to clarify but she swiftly cut him off, leveling a verbal finger-wagging at the nation’s top law enforcement officer.
“I did not as you a question yet, sir. I ask you to please refrain from interrupting me,” she blared.
Dean again lashed out at Barr after he tried to respond with a clarification after she accused him of making an analogy with Gen. Douglas MacArthur and the Philippines during World War II.
“The time is mine and we have waited a long time for you to come here,” she said.
“You waited to talk to me like this? You didn’t need to wait so long,” Barr fired back.
He reached for his coffee cup for a sip and sparked a social media frenzy as Twitter users quickly created memes of the moment.
Thug life… 😎 pic.twitter.com/P4ZRnOhD5l
— M3thods (@M2Madness) July 28, 2020
— QTeam45 (@QTeam45) July 28, 2020
— Girth Brooks 🦅⛈🇺🇸 (@AskTheQue) July 28, 2020
In his first appearance before the House Judiciary Committee, Barr addressed Democrats chomping at the bit to confront him, calling them out in his opening remarks for their attempts to “discredit” him. But as they got the chance to question him, Democrats proved the only pressing issue for them is grandstanding to make the Trump administration look bad.
Barr was talked over and accused of not responding to questions while Democrats repeatedly announced they were “reclaiming” their time in questioning. Dean even went on later in her exchange with Barr to declare, “I’m surprised at your lack of respect for a member of Congress.”
Dems Demand AG Barr Testify, But Not Actually Talk pic.twitter.com/NdE7RR3LCS
— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) July 28, 2020
Barr vehemently defended himself and the Justice Department during the hours-long hearing where he was pilloried by Democrats. The attorney general even slammed House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler as a “real class act” during his testimony Tuesday after the New York Democrat would not allow him to take a five-minute break to get some lunch.
SEE HIGHLIGHTS OF BILL BARR’S HEARING
- Real news out of Barr hearing concerned Obama admin unmasking probe that fell through the cracks
- Barr laughs. Here’s the finger-waving absurdity that crossed the line for him.
- ‘I’m going to answer the damn question’: Barr outclasses freshman Dem invoking ‘penalty of perjury’
- ‘You’re a real class act’: Barr sums up day in response to Nadler denying him a 5 min break
- AG Barr slays Eric Swalwell and his misguided ‘standards’ in brutal hearing beatdown
- ‘I think I speak English’: AG Barr spars with Florida Dem Ted Deutch over Roger Stone sentence
- Hostile Ga Dem accuses Barr of not wanting to answer questions as he repeatedly interrupts in telling exchange
- AG Barr: Nightly riots cannot be called protests, ‘it is, by any objective measure, an assault’ on US gov
- Jim Jordan forces ‘Mr. Myth’ Nadler to face reality, plays footage of violent riots in stinging opener
- Be careful what you ask for! Bill Barr plans to clobber House Dems; see preview of the hearing
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Newsom’s wife’s uber-woke films forced on school children, complete with promotional cameos of hubby - January 20, 2023
- DOJ ramps up a ‘mere review’ to full-fledged investigation after latest Biden doc discovery - January 12, 2023
- Texas Rep. Chip Roy calls on Republican House to ‘stop funding’ DHS over botched handling of the border - January 10, 2023
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.