Get the latest BPR news delivered free to your inbox daily. SIGN UP HERE.
The true intentions of Democrats was already on display as Attorney General William Barr attempted to testify on Capitol Hill Tuesday.
In his first appearance before the House Judiciary Committee, Barr addressed Democrats chomping at the bit to confront him, calling them out in his opening remarks for their attempts to “discredit” him. But as they got the chance to question him, democrats proved the only pressing issue for them is grandstanding to make the Trump administration look bad.
(Source: Fox News)
A Fox News panel covering the live hearing remarked on the contentious back and forth during questioning by Democrat lawmakers.
“It has been really frustrating just as a general listener,” co-anchor Melissa Francis noted during a break. “You know, Democrats have asked him questions and then they don’t let him answer. And I thought the whole point was to bring him here to ‘answer’ for a lot of the things that have happened. I wanted to hear what his response was.”
Barr clashed with Rep. Ted Deutch, a Florida Democrat who grilled him on the Roger Stone sentencing but repeatedly did not let him answer questions he fired off in rapid succession.
AG Barr: “The judge agreed with me, Congressman. The judge agreed with me.”@RepTedDeutch: “I’m not asking you that.”
Barr: “I know you aren’t asking that, I’m saying!” pic.twitter.com/pUVJa799bj
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) July 28, 2020
Again, Barr was talked over and accused of not responding to questions when he was clearly being drowned out by Democrat Rep. Hank Johnson, who began his time with an insulting jab to the nation’s top law enforcement officer.
“Your opening statement reads like it was written by Alex Jones or Roger Stone,” the Georgia lawmaker began referring to Barr’s detailed opening remarks. “you stand by that statement?”
“Yes,” Barr replied.
“I am sure that we can agree on some things,” Johnson continued, accusing the president of being a “prolific tweeter,” and asking Barr if he agreed.
“He seems to be,” Barr replied as Johnson went on to discuss how Trump was unhappy with the court recommending a sentence of 7-9 years in prison for Stone, his former confidant, whose sentence was commuted by the president earlier this month.
“And, General Barr, several hours after that, you filed a pleading with the court stating that the sentence recommendation would be changed, and that you would be asking for a lighter sentence for Roger Stone. Isn’t that correct?” Johnson asked.
(Source: Fox News)
“No, what is correct, is that on February 10th, Monday, I gave instructions as to —,” Barr attempted to clarify.
“No…I’m reclaiming my time,” Johnson interrupted.
“I’m answering your question,” Barr said as the lawmaker again said he was reclaiming his time.
“I’m telling my story, that’s what I’m here to do. I know it, that’s why I’m here. I’m here to tell my story. On the night before —,” Barr attempted once again to speak.
“You’re going to answer my question,” Johnson said, inexplicably demanding Barr do exactly what he had been trying to do.
Once again, as the Attorney General began to respond to the question, Johnson cut him off.
“Reclaiming my time, sir. Reclaiming my time,” the Democrat said.
“I know you don’t want to answer, but the facts are clear,” he said, going on to make claims about those “facts” that Barr disputed and tried to correct for the record.
Twitter users slammed the Democrats “clown show.”
“Testify”!!!! Dems like Hank Johnson wouldn’t even let Barr answer the questions. What kind of Circus are the Dems running now? Nothing but a complete JOKE, just like the Democrats!
— Patricia Delaney (@PatriciaDelan11) July 28, 2020
Hey Rep Hank Johnson @rephank
you don’t speak for the #SilentMajority and you keep stating you are asking a question without giving Attorney General Bill Barr the opportunity to answer in HIS WORDS. Just like a true #Marxist @w_terrence you’ve got to do a parody on this joker.
— Truth Is Our Friend (@TruthIsOurFrie1) July 28, 2020
Seriously? Senator Hank Johnson? You’re asking AG Barr questions but not allowing him to answer? This is exactly what you Dems do. Whose orders are YOU carrying out Mr.Johnson! Bringing up Michael Flynn after this was all based on lies,makes you as ludicrous as the rest. Lies
— karol dimagio (@KDimagio) July 28, 2020
Congressman Hank Johnson just told Barr his opening statement sounds like Alex Jones wrote it.
That’s rich considering Johnson is the same guy who said THIS https://t.co/xp07gC8rry
— Curtis Houck (@CurtisHouck) July 28, 2020
These POS libterds questioning AG William Barr like Demo-Rat Hank Johnson would not let Barr even answer his questions and spoke over him constantly! This is so disgusting!
— Jim English (@Texboy68) July 28, 2020
SEE HIGHLIGHTS OF BILL BARR’S HEARING
- Real news out of Barr hearing concerned Obama admin unmasking probe that fell through the cracks
- Barr laughs. Here’s the finger-waving absurdity that crossed the line for him.
- ‘I’m going to answer the damn question’: Barr outclasses freshman Dem invoking ‘penalty of perjury’
- ‘You’re a real class act’: Barr sums up day in response to Nadler denying him a 5 min break
- AG Barr slays Eric Swalwell and his misguided ‘standards’ in brutal hearing beatdown
- ‘I think I speak English’: AG Barr spars with Florida Dem Ted Deutch over Roger Stone sentence
- Hostile Ga Dem accuses Barr of not wanting to answer questions as he repeatedly interrupts in telling exchange
- AG Barr: Nightly riots cannot be called protests, ‘it is, by any objective measure, an assault’ on US gov
- Jim Jordan forces ‘Mr. Myth’ Nadler to face reality, plays footage of violent riots in stinging opener
- Be careful what you ask for! Bill Barr plans to clobber House Dems; see preview of the hearing
- 52 passengers boarded plane with neg Covid results, test positive after landing in Hong Kong - April 26, 2021
- Supreme Court agrees to hear major gun rights case on concealed handguns - April 26, 2021
- Final Census data shows the blue states likely to lose House seats, and the red states picking them up - April 26, 2021