Carville says Trump more likely to drop out of 2020 race than be re-elected. We’ve heard this narrative before.

Get the latest BPR news delivered free to your inbox daily. SIGN UP HERE.

Veteran Democratic strategist James Carville is still riding Bill Clinton’s coattails, nearly 30 years after Slick Willy was first elected to the White House, and he thinks you’re more likely to see President Donald Trump withdraw from the race than win reelection.

With a series of recent polling showing that presumptive 2020 Democratic nominee Joe Biden well ahead of Trump — just about every poll in America has Hillary Clinton beating the president — MSNBC host Brian Williams asked Carville for his thoughts on a new Fox News poll showing Biden leading in major battleground states.

“I think there is a better chance that Donald Trump does not run for re-election than he’s re-elected,” Carville replied. “There’s no chance he’s going to be re-elected.”

Citing the coronavirus, the Black Lives Matter riots and other left-wing chaos in the streets, and the results of a North Carolina primary race, the man comedian Dennis Miller once slammed for “yipping away like some satanic Chihuahua” proclaimed that Trump has “lost control over everything.”

Carville said there is “fear in the faces of Republican politicians,” adding that “there’s zero chance he’s going to be re-elected.”

The Princeton Election Consortium gave Hillary a 99% chance of beating Trump on the eve of the 2016 election, but Carville is stripping away the 1%!

Interestingly, the left tried the “drop out” strategy against Trump in 2016, with the Billy Bush Access Hollywood tape dropped out of liberal heaven.

Trump’s response:

Being in a camp that believes if you say something long enough and loud enough, it eventually becomes true, the Democratic consultant seems to be trying to will it into existence.

He goes on to suggest that Trump faces such a “humiliating defeat” against Biden, who may not even remember his own name by November, that he’ll be forced to accept reality.

“That which can’t continue will not,” Carville said, with a straight face.

Viewers would be excused if they thought they were watching a Saturday Night Live skit.

Williams played a clip of Trump criticizing Biden’s mental faculties, saying that “he can’t put two sentences together.”

The MSNBC host reluctantly acknowledged that some Democrats “brace themselves every time Joe Biden talks because he’s halting and often imprecise.”

He then mentioned Biden mistakenly saying Thursday that 120 million died from the coronavirus, noting that the president shared that clip.

“It’s like a mob movie. You know the way they’re going to come after you,” Williams said, claiming Biden “has always been covered through a double standard, especially in the era of Trump.”

“Is your party going to get tougher and hit back?” he asked Carville, suggesting that a group of Never Trump Republicans were putting out more effective ads.

“Democrats by nature are nervous,” Carville said. “They are so traumatized by 2016. They have to get over it, all right?”

He would brush off their concerns, saying, “It’s evident to everybody what is going to happen.”

Carville would also offer a spirited defense of Biden’s many gaffes, that seem to be coming with more frequency by the day.

“Every politician makes gaffes. Every politician misspeaks,” he declared. “The Biden campaign has actually been pretty good. He did pretty good in the debates.”

With millions of Americans eagerly anticipating the Trump-Biden debates, there’s a growing thought that Biden will simply refuse to debate Trump, which the liberal media will allow him to get away with.

Carville let slip that one out of four Democrats are paranoid about Biden.

“Of course he’s going to make gaffes between now and Election Day,” he said. “It just sends 25% of the Democratic Party into some kind of state of depression. Get over it. Toughen up, people. I mean he’s going to say whatever he’s going to say.”

Pivoting to Trump, he insisted that the president is “dropping at every level that you can imagine a politician is dropping.

“Deal with it, Democrats. You’re going to win,” he concluded.

While discussing the possible vice presidential picks in another segment, Carville said, “I’ve said before in a kind of exaggerated way, I don’t care. Pick Sarah Palin. I’ll be for her too. I just want to win this thing.”



Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!

Success! Thank you for donating. Please share BPR content to help combat the lies.
Tom Tillison


We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.


Scroll down for non-member comments or join our insider conversations by becoming a member. We'd love to have you!

Latest Articles