Get the latest BPR news delivered free to your inbox daily. SIGN UP HERE.
Two black-history organizations that said nothing when tens of thousands of Black Lives Matter demonstrators “protested” and in some cases rioted across the country filed a lawsuit this week in an attempt to block President Donald Trump’s upcoming Tulsa rally.
But in a ruling Tuesday, Oklahoma Judicial District 14 Judge Rebecca B. Nightingale reportedly rejected the suit.
Filed in Tulsa County by the Greenwood Cultural Centre and the John Hope Franklin Center for Reconciliation, the suit had sought a temporary injunction against ASM Global, the owners of the BOK Center arena where the rally is set to take place this upcoming Saturday.
The basis for the suit was the coronavirus pandemic that had devastated the nation from about March until the death of Minneapolis black man George Floyd in late May, at which point it had seemingly ceased to exist, judging by the actions of both Democrat politicians and their media allies.
But with the protests now mostly over, the coronavirus has miraculously reemerged, and so has the “panic porn” from Democrats and their media allies.
Buoyed by this “panic porn,” the Greenwood Cultural Centre and John Hope Franklin Center for Reconciliation argued in their suit that the president’s rally will be a coronavirus “super-spreader” that’ll “endanger not only the health of the guests in attendance and the Plaintiffs, but the entire Tulsa community and any community to which the guests may afterward travel.”
View the entire suit below:
“Oklahoma’s already strained healthcare infrastructure will be pushed past the breaking point by a certain spike in COVID-19 presentment at local hospitals,” the suit reads.
“Recognizing the imminent public health risks associated with holding this type of event at this time, ASM Global has suspended all mass-gathering events at the BOK Center until the end of July.”
However, there appears to be no record of either the Greenwood Cultural Centre or the John Hope Franklin Center for Reconciliation ever speaking out about the extremely crowded BLM protests and riots that had swamped the nation earlier this month.
Nor did either organization speak out this week after thousands of protesters packed the courtyard of the Brooklyn Museum in New York City on Sunday to support the so-called Black Trans Lives Matter movement:
— Jewish Deplorable 🇺🇸 (@TrumpJew) June 14, 2020
The suit by the two organizations also conveniently ignored all the precautions that have been set up by the Trump campaign to prevent the transmission of the coronavirus.
According to the president’s 2020 campaign manager, Brad Parscale, rallygoers will receive a temperature check, some hand sanitizer and a mask before even entering the event.
Before entering each guest will get:
There will be precautions for the heat and bottled water as well.
— Brad Parscale (@parscale) June 15, 2020
“The campaign takes the health and safety of rally-goers seriously and is taking precautions to make the rally safe,” Trump campaign spokeswoman Erin Perrine added in a statement to NBC News.
In a statement of his own posted to Facebook this Tuesday morning, Tulsa Mayor G.T. Bynum, a Republican, acknowledged that all of this is true.
“The Trump campaign has agreed to follow those guidelines as well, and will be utilizing safety precautions at the event,” he said. “Every attendee will have to pass a temperature check before they can enter the facility. Every attendee will be provided with a mask.”
“Every attendee will have access to hand sanitizer stations. We are not going to suddenly abandon the state’s plan, to be either more lenient or more severe.”
Earlier this year, Tulsans collectively undertook great sacrifice to “flatten the curve”. We did this to slow the spread…
He added that, though holding the nation’s first post-coronavirus rally in Tulsa wasn’t his idea, he understands the importance of freedom.
“We are navigating a balance between freedom and safety that is new for every city around the world. We will continue to monitor hospital capacity and our positive case rate moving forward,” he said.
This same concern for balancing the well-being of people with the need for freedom hasn’t been displayed by hypocritical Democrat politicians, who’ve been hellbent on lecturing others about masks in one breath but then hobnobbing in public without masks in the other.
Case in point:
— Brent Scher (@BrentScher) May 24, 2020
This incessant hypocrisy from elite Democrats and media figures has led to widespread outrage over the clear-cut “liberal hypocrisy.”
But it’s also triggered some clever thinking. While speaking on Fox News’ “The Ingraham Angle” late Tuesday, Trump campaign legal adviser Jenna Ellis suggested that perhaps the president should just call his rally a protest. Maybe that will quiet the hypocritical haters.
The easiest solution is instead of a rally we can call it a Trump 2020 Protest against Democrats, socialism, and Joe Biden’s hypocrisy.
It’s the Trump 2020 Protest to Keep America Great! 😉 pic.twitter.com/WJfe3uVJ0t
— Jenna Ellis (@JennaEllisEsq) June 17, 2020
- Pete Hegseth cites disturbing new poll, if ‘children are the future’ America is in trouble - December 2, 2021
- Dana White triggers leftists, checks with Joe Rogan on how to beat COVID: ‘Feel like a million bucks!’ - December 2, 2021
- Conservatives crash Rittenhouse protest, drown out ASU student socialists: ‘Let’s go Brandon!’ - December 2, 2021