Get the latest BPR news delivered free to your inbox daily. SIGN UP HERE.
In what proves to be a rebuke of FBI Director Christopher Wray, top Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee sent a letter to the director demanding a review of the investigation of former national security adviser Michael Flynn.
The sternly written letter from Reps Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, and Mike Johnson, R-La.,, was sent on Monday and demands all documents from the Crossfire Razor operation, which is the FBI code name for the Flynn investigation.
It also asks Wray why the country is learning of the FBI’s “misconduct with respect to Flynn from court filings rather than from you.”
“The American people continue to learn troubling details about the politicization and misconduct at the highest levels of the FBI during the Obama-Biden Administration,” the letter stated.
“Even more concerning, we continue to learn these new details from litigation and investigations—not from you,” the letter continued. “It is well past time that you show the leadership necessary to bring the FBI past the abuses of the Obama-Biden era.”
The lawmakers also seek an interview with FBI special agent Joe Pientka and Bill Priestap, the former assistant director of the FBI counterintelligence division.
The handwritten note uncovered in the bombshell release of new FBI documents last week that suggest Flynn was set up was reportedly written by Priestap.
The handwritten notes were reportedly written by Bill Priestap–the former head of FBI counter-intelligence–following a meeting with then-FBI Director James Comey and then-FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe.
— Alex Salvi (@alexsalvinews) April 30, 2020
“What is our goal? Truth/Admission or to get him to lie, so we can prosecute [Flynn] or get him fired?” he wrote.
Pientka was the second FBI agent who went with fired bureau agent Peter Strzok to the White House on January 24th, 2017, to interview Flynn — the Trump official was encouraged not to have a lawyer present.
Former FBI Director James Comey sent the agents to interview Flynn, and he boasted about how it was set up directly through Flynn, instead of of going through the White House counsel’s office, which is standard procedure.
Comey said this was “something I probably wouldn’t have done or maybe gotten away with in a more … organized administration.”
The demands included in the 6-page letter are seen here:
- Produce all documents and communications referring or relating to Crossfire Razor, the FBI code name for its investigation into LTG Flynn.
- Produce all documents and communications between or among the FBI and other executive branch agencies, including but not limited to the Executive Office of the President, for the period December 1, 2016 to January 20, 2017, referring or relating to LTG Michael Flynn’s December 30, 2016, conversation with Sergey Kislyak.
- Explain when you personally first learned of the FBI’s misconduct with respect to LTG Flynn.
- Explain why the Committee and the American public are learning of the FBI’s
misconduct with respect to LTG Flynn from court filings rather than from you.
- Explain whether you or any other member of the FBI’s senior leadership prevented or delayed the disclosure of additional exculpatory information to LTG Flynn and his legal team.
- Certify that the FBI has produced all responsive documents as part of the review ordered by Attorney General Barr into LTG Flynn’s case.
Social media users have seen one too many sternly written letters from Republicans and are skeptical that much will come from this.
With Democratic Speaker Nancy Pelosi controlling the House, we can be assured that there will be no congressional probe — interestingly, Sen. Lindsey Graham. R-S.C., the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, is mentioned more than once.
Here’s a sampling of responses to the story from Twitter:
— House Judiciary GOP (@JudiciaryGOP) May 4, 2020
— Taylor2020 (@rodsandguitars) May 4, 2020
Wray will give a SONG AND DANCE 💃 and nothing happens. #FIREWRAY
— Tom (@freedomrocks23) May 4, 2020
Yeah! Another “sternly worded letter” for them to ignore!!
— Victory or Death 🇺🇸🇺🇸 (@IncognitoMeems) May 4, 2020
@realDonaldTrump We want Wray out of the FBI forever! He will never do the right thing as long as he’s there! We don’t trust him! He is Corrupt to the core! Even if we get a Stranger and an Acting FBI Dir., he will be much better than what we’ve got! HELP! SOS! MAY DAY! 😯🙏🙋♀️
— Theresa (@theresatruth) May 4, 2020
Nothing is going to happen….if Wray was an honest director, he would have done something by now. They don’t eat their own.
— Trumping for 2020 (@billvikk62794) May 4, 2020
Lindsey is all talk, unfortunately. They won’t do a damn thing but talk and write letters. They’re not fighters.
— Will Adkins (@WillAdkins11) May 4, 2020
Ooh, they wrote letters. Now something will change! (*Sarcasm*)
— DeplorableDevilDog (@bdenny506) May 4, 2020
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- TSA to roll out controversial added layer of security nationwide - December 9, 2022
- ‘Shame!’ School board to erase Ben Carson’s name from high school despite pushback in deep-blue Detroit - December 9, 2022
- Biden’s ‘weaponized’ DOJ asks judge to hold Trump’s legal team in contempt over classified docs subpoena - December 9, 2022
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.