YouTube says policy is to remove anything that goes against WHO from platform

Get the latest BPR news delivered free to your inbox daily. SIGN UP HERE.


In another glaring sign of the Orwellian authoritarianism creeping up across the world amid the coronavirus crisis, YouTube has announced that any videos sharing information that contradicts the advice and recommendations of the discredited World Health Organization will be promptly removed from its platform.

Speaking with CNN chief media correspondent Brian Stelter on Sunday, YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki admitted that the goal is to raise the visibility of so-called “authoritative sources,” i.e., organizations like the WHO, as well as the mainstream media outlets that echo these organizations’ propaganda.

Anything that would go against World Health Organization recommendations would be a violation of our policy. And so remove is another really important part of our policy,” she declared.

Listen to the interview below (disable your adblocker if the video doesn’t appear):

“We have served billions of impressions across our network that come from all the different public health organizations, and made sure that people understand what are the resources,” she said as the interview began.

“We have actually seen a 75 percent increase in the news coming from authoritative sources …. [a]nd so we talk about that as raising authoritative information. But then we also talk about removing information that is problematic, you know.”

She then proceeded to provide examples of so-called “problematic” information.

“Of course, anything that is medically unsubstantiated,” she said. “So people saying, like, take vitamin C, you know, take turmeric, like, those are — will cure you. Those are the examples of things that would be a violation of our policy.”

To be clear, vitamin C and turmeric have in fact shown certain “anti-corona virus effects in laboratory studies, including results in animals. Some of these have a long history of human use for treating infections,” according to Dr. Leo Galland, MD.

“COVID-19 enters human cells by attaching to a protein on the cell surface called ACE-2. … When corona virus binds to ACE-2, the protein loses its enzyme activity. In the words of one scientist, COVID-19 produces ‘ACE-2 exhaustion,'” he wrote in a handbook that’s been published by multiple local media outlets.

Furthermore, “ACE-2 exhaustion” (not to be confused with AOC exhaustion) can be combated to some degree by turmeric.

“Regular aerobic exercise and a plant-based whole foods diet are associated with improved ACE-2 function. Natural substances shown to enhance ACE-2 function include curcumin (a set of flavonoids found in the spice turmeric),” he explained.

If shared to YouTube, would Dr. Galland’s recommendations be removed?

Something similar may hold true for vitamin C, which has reportedly been used in large doses by some of New York State’s largest hospitals to treat coronavirus patients.

“Dr. Andrew G. Weber, a pulmonologist and critical-care specialist affiliated with two Northwell Health facilities on Long Island, said his intensive-care patients with the coronavirus immediately receive 1,500 milligrams of intravenous vitamin C,” the New York Post reported late last month. “Identical amounts of the powerful antioxidant are then readministered three or four times a day, he said.”

In a statement to the Post, Weber added: “The patients who received vitamin C did significantly better than those who did not get vitamin C. It helps a tremendous amount, but it is not highlighted because it’s not a sexy drug.”

If shared to YouTube, would his testimony also be removed?

These seem like worthy questions to ask Wojcicki, yet neither were posed by Stelter. Nor did he question YouTube’s CEO about the false information disseminated by the WHO.

In a tweet posted in mid-January that remains up on Twitter as of late April, the organization tweeted a study from the Chinese Communist Party claiming that humans couldn’t spread the coronavirus to each other.

Look:

This may very well be the lie of the year, though it’s only been amplified — not challenged — by America’s mainstream establishment media.

Case in point:

Yet both the WHO and the Post are allowed to operate unrestricted on YouTube …

What’s more disturbing still is that anyone who challenged the WHO’s propaganda two months ago would have presumably seen their accurate videos removed and their accounts potentially deactivated under YouTube’s new “misinformation” policy.

As critics have noted, this doesn’t seem right:

Powered by Topple

Vivek Saxena

Comments

Latest Articles