The release of Corey Feldman’s new documentary that was to name the Hollywood figures who allegedly raped and molested him and his childhood friend Corey Haim, who died from pneumonia in 2010.
But the debut hit a major snag on Monday after all the hype, due to problems with the online stream, Fox News reported.
After dropping $20, viewers were instructed to log onto mytruthdoc.com, where the film would be livestreamed. A Q&A panel was to follow, but there were immediate reports of blank screens and loading issues, according to Fox News.
**Warning for sensitive and controversial content ahead**
The documentary was also showing at the Director’s Guild of America in Los Angeles, and it was from there that Feldman tweeted: “THE FILM IS STARTING 15 MIN LATE DUE 2 THE WEBSITE CRASHING! WHICH IS ACTUALLLY A GOOD THING! SO #STAYTUNED.”
— Corey Feldman (@Corey_Feldman) March 10, 2020
Celebrity guests at the screening included Rosanna Arquette, Dave Navarro, Chris Kattan, Ron Jeremy, and Jamie Kennedy, according to Entertainment Weekly.
After trying to overcome the technical difficulties, the decision was made to start the film in the theater but it didn’t run for long.
“After about 18 minutes,” Fox News noted, “Feldman and company stopped the film and told attendees the site where the documentary was being hosted had been under attack by ‘hackers,’ preventing the world from seeing the film.”
The film would eventually be shown in its entirety at the theater, although Feldman had concerns about proceeding when those who paid for online access were unable to watch.
Feldman told those present that “it wouldn’t really be fair of me to play the answer to this film right now without the rest of the people who paid good money to see it at the same time as you.”
“I’m going to take a vote,” he then said. “I’m going to take a vote. I really get this is a tough one. I love you guys. But I also don’t want to do anybody else wrong. Either way, we’re trying to find out. They asked me to give them 10 minutes… But I’ve got to make sure that everybody gets to see this movie.”
Interestingly, actor and comedian Bob Saget was falsely accused online as being one of the abusers named, though he was not mentioned in the film.
Given the seriousness of the allegation, even a false association can be damning.
Speaking to Fox News in the DGA lobby about the problems, Feldman said, “Well, everybody that was here saw what happened. So I don’t think there’s any confusion there.”
“I don’t know how we’re gonna get people to see the film,” Feldman added. “We’ve got to solve that problem first. Yes, some people have seen the film, but the world who’s waiting has not seen the film as far as I know. So I’ve got to really get to the bottom of it, find out how we get this back online and how we get it to stream tomorrow properly at twelve o’clock without being hacked.”
Feldman would respond to claims that the premier was little more than a scam in another tweet that linked to an Entertainment Weekly story on the documentary.
Again in all caps, he tweeted: SPOILER ALERT* 4 ALL OF U WHO COULDNT C THE FILM LAST NIGHT, IM SHATTERED BEYOND COMPARE! SINCE THEY R TRYING 2 PAINT THIS BLATANT ATTACK ON MY 1ST AMMENDMENT RIGHTS 2 SPEAK FREELY AS A HOAX, PPL R WRITING WE NEVER SAID THE NAMES, HERES PROOF IT HAPPENED!”
SPOILER ALERT* 4 ALL OF U WHO COULDNT C THE FILM LAST NIGHT, IM SHATTERED BEYOND COMPARE! SINCE THEY R TRYING 2 PAINT THIS BLATANT ATTACK ON MY 1ST AMMENDMENT RIGHTS 2 SPEAK FREELY AS A HOAX, PPL R WRITING WE NEVER SAID THE NAMES, HERES PROOF IT HAPPENED! https://t.co/9IBre5o0RO
— Corey Feldman (@Corey_Feldman) March 10, 2020
Feldman claimed in “My Truth: The Rape of Two Corey’s,” that actor Charlie Sheen sexually abused then 13-year-old Haim in the ’80s, according to Page Six. Sheen has vehemently denied the charge, which first surfaced in 2017.
“This wasn’t like a one-time thing he said in passing. It wasn’t like, ‘Oh, by the way, this happened.’ He went into great detail,” a crying Feldman said of Haim in the film. “He told me, ‘Charlie bent me over in between two trailers and put Crisco oil on my butt and raped me in broad daylight. Anybody could have walked by, anybody could have seen it.'”
Haim worked with then-19-year-old Sheen on the film “Lucas.”
As for his abusers, Feldman repeated the names of actor Jon Grissom, former talent manager Marty Weiss, and nightclub owner Alphy Hoffman.
Page Six reported that Grissom denied the allegations in a YouTube comment, writing, “I said it’s not me I’m sick and tired of saying that when no one listens. So goddamnit I’m not repeating it anymore.”
- Amid labor shortage, Biden quotes his father: ‘A job is more than a paycheck’ - October 22, 2021
- ‘Fox & Friends’ corrects Biden for spouting ‘misinformation’ about network’s vaccine mandate, again - October 22, 2021
- GE workers in SC walk out in protest after company mandates COVID-19 vaccine - October 22, 2021