Had “sanctuary city” policies prevented the deportation of illegal alien Santiago N. eight years ago, this suspected serial killer might still be running loose in the states.
Instead, he’s been running loose in Mexico, where he’s been accused of killing two of his in-laws and is now suspected of killing at least three other people.
“Mexican authorities said a man identified only as Santiago N. killed his mother-in-law and father-in-law in a dispute over rent money and then buried them in [a] Colonia Obrera home, one of their properties, where the man had lived for the last seven years,” the Los Angeles Times reported.
Colonia Obrera is a neighborhood in Tijuana, which sits only miles from the southern U.S. border crossing in San Diego, California.
Learn about the first two killings below:
Santiago’s confirmed victims, Maria Teresa López Guillén, 65, and her husband, Jesús Rubén López Guillén, 70, were dual U.S.-Mexican citizenship holders who crossed into Tijuana on Jan. 10 to collect rent money they were owned. Santiago had reportedly been collecting the rent money for them from tenants and simply had to give it to them.
But within 24 hours of their arrival, the couple’s daughter reported them missing.
“From Orange County, their daughter, Norma Lopez, reported them missing the next day,” the Times noted. “She told Garden Grove police that she had been tracking her parents’ movements using a phone-locator app, which showed the couple had entered their property in Colonia Obrera the day before and had not left.”
When questioned by the authorities, Santiago claimed he’d dropped his in-laws off at a nearby border crossing and that the couple had returned to the states. However, WhatsApp messages reviewed by the authorities showed he was lying.
“[R]ather than dropping them off, he was insisting the couple drive their green Toyota Tacoma,” the Times noted.
Moreover, U.S. border authorities were unable to find any record of the couple crossing back into the states.
Fast-forward to last week, when local authorities searched the Colonia Obrera home and found the couple’s bodies. Subsequent searches have since led to the unearthing of three more bodies, including one found just this Monday.
“A spokesman for the attorney general’s office for the state of Baja California, just south of San Diego, confirmed late Monday that a fifth body was discovered by a canine search team earlier in the afternoon,” the Times reported.
“On Saturday, authorities had announced that a second set of bodies — besides those of the missing Orange County couple found earlier — was discovered in an advanced state of decomposition in the same home in Colonia Obrera.”
This brings the total number of deaths linked to Santiago to five.
Learn more below:
The latest victim, a male, reportedly died of asphyxiation and head trauma. As of Tuesday, the authorities had reportedly only researched 40 percent of the massive home, meaning more bodies may still be found in what leading State Attorney General Guillermo Ruiz Hernández has described as “a house of evil.”
Authorities believe Santiago’s motivation for killing his in-laws was some sort of rent dispute, while his motivation for killing the other three may have been part of a plot to lure people to the property with offers for cars for sale and then kill them presumably for their money.
“Investigators are focusing on reports of people who disappeared after inquiring about cars for sale. In one instance, it was a man, and in another instance, a couple disappeared,” the Daily Mail confirmed.
If the theory that he was purposefully luring people to his property to kill them proves to be true, it’ll serve as another stark piece of evidence of why upholding America’s federal immigration laws is a must.
According to reports, Santiago resided in the states as an illegal alien until he was deported in 2012 after being convicted of theft.
While the precise details of his arrest and deportation remain unclear, what’s known is that they occurred before Democrat legislators across the country began pursuing “sanctuary city” and “sanctuary state” policies that protect illegal aliens.
In New York City alone, almost 8,000 illegal aliens were protected last year by city officials who refused to turn the illegals over to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement after they were arrested for certain non-immigration-related crimes.
? BizPac Review News ?
? ICE fights back, issues list of ‘fugitive’ illegal immigrants sanctuary NY City has released https://t.co/hjtA84uuVc
— ❌nuuzfeed (@nuuzfeed) January 18, 2020
Of those who were protected, roughly 200 were later identified by ICE as suspected murderers, i.e., men and women no different than Santiago.
Not to mention Reeaz Khan, an illegal who was arrested last November for assault but then released back onto the streets. Two months later, he went on to allegedly murder 92-year-old Queens resident Maria Fuertes.
“Make no mistake. It is this city’s sanctuary policies that are the sole reason this criminal was allowed to roam the streets freely and end an innocent woman’s life,” acting ICE Director Matthew Albence angrily pointed out at a presser last week.
“All you need to do is call us before you release them. A phone call, one simple phone call, and Maria Fuertes would be alive today. These are preventable crimes people, and most importantly preventable victims.”
Similar consequences have been seen in other sanctuary localities across the country, including California, where a 59-year-old woman was murdered last year by an illegal who’d been arrested and convicted multiple times for battery, burglary, assault, drug possession, etc., but was never once transferred into ICE’s custody.
Latest posts by Vivek Saxena (see all)
- Two Democrat Senators say they refuse to meet with Amy Coney Barrett - September 27, 2020
- Too soon? ‘Notorious ACB’ shirts promoting Coney Barrett make liberals lose it - September 27, 2020
- Liberal-triggering gear for election season: New fall arrivals are here! - September 26, 2020