ABC warns CBS about suspected leaker of damning Epstein video, staffer promptly fired

(File photos by Getty/DOJ mugshot)

In response to being exposed for having buried the Epstein story, ABC News has shown more interest in “hunting down” and punishing the employee or employees who helped expose them than in covering deceased pedophile Jeffrey Epstein’s well-documented abuses.

“We take violations of company policy very seriously, and we’re pursuing all avenues to determine the source of the leak,” a network spokesperson confirmed to journalist Yashar Ali on Wednesday.

At the time of the confirmation, the network’s executives reportedly knew “the identity of the former employee who accessed footage of anchor Amy Robach expressing frustration that her story about convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein had been shelved,” according to Ali.

However, they weren’t certain whether this employee was the same one responsible for then funneling that since-viral footage to Project Veritas, the watchdog group that published the footage to YouTube early Tuesday morning.

“What ABC News executives do know is that the former employee is now working at CBS News,” Ali reported. “I’m told that ABC News executives have informed their counterparts at CBS News that this person accessed the footage of Robach. It’s unclear if CBS News plans on taking any action against the employee.”

As of Thursday morning, the CBS staffer has reportedly been fired:

Ali’s original report was published a day after Project Veritas released undercover video footage that showed “20/20” co-anchor and “Good Morning America” fill-in anchor Amy Robach expressing outrage at having lost out on the Epstein scoop.

“I’ve had the story for three years,” she said. “I’ve had this interview with Virginia Roberts (Giuffre). We would not put it on the air. I was told, ‘Who’s Jeffrey Epstein? No one knows who that is. This is a stupid story.’”

Giuffre is the most famous of Epstein’s alleged victims/sex slaves.

“Then the [British] Palace found out that we had her whole allegations about Prince Andrew and threatened us a million different ways. We were so afraid we wouldn’t be able to interview Kate and Will that we quashed the story,” Robach continued.

According to Giuffre, Prince Andrew, Duke of York, is among a slew of wealthy individuals whom she was forced to have sex with as an underage sex slave.

The ABC News correspondent continued by again reiterating that she knew all of this “new” information for years but was blocked by the network from sharing it.

Watch the full footage below:

After the footage emerged, ABC News ran no reports on Epstein — instead it issued a widely panned defense in the form of a statement from Robach in which she tried to disavow everything she’d been captured on video camera saying …

The response from ABC News — in addition to the firing of the unnamed CNN staffer — has stunned critics of the media who feel as if their every complaint about the mainstream media’s deceitfulness and obfuscation has just been proven true to a T.

Like Alex Griswold of the Washington Free Beacon noted from his Twitter account: “ABC News [is] showing more initiative in hunting down the guy who leaked that they killed their billionaire pedophile piece than they did in covering the actual billionaire pedophile.”

And that honestly seems very, very, very telling:

Comments

Latest Articles