White House responds to violent Rambo-Trump video, Kathy Griffin sees an opening

(File photo credit should read MARK RALSTON/AFP/Getty Images)

The White House wasted little time on Monday condemning a video mashup depicting President Trump violently taking political opponents and members of the media.

The doctored video was played last week at a three-day conference hosted by American Priority at Trump National Doral Miami, according to the New York Times. The clip is taken from a church massacre scene in the 2014 movie “Kingsman: The Secret Service.” Trump’s head was superimposed on the body of Colin Firth, who starred in the film — the character in the video goes on a rampage in “The Church of Fake News,” killing parishioners who are depicted as media outlets and political opponents of the president.

With the liberal media in a collective uproar over the fake video and many blaming the president, White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said in a tweet that Trump “has not yet seen the video, he will see it shortly, but based upon everything he has heard, he strongly condemns this video.”

“The @POTUS @realDonaldTrump has not yet seen the video, he will see it shortly, but based upon everything he has heard, he strongly condemns this video,” Grisham tweeted.

Among those being shot, stabbed and assaulted in the video clip is former President Barack Obama and the late Sen. John McCain.

Other politicians depicted in the fake clip include Hillary Clinton, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., and Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah. MSNBC anchor Mika Brzezinski, actress Rosie O’Donnell, comedian Kathy Griffin, and George Soros are also represented.

Never mind that it’s just a fake video, or that in the real world Trump supporters are attacked and beaten for little more than wearing a MAGA hat — see last week’s rally in Minneapolis.

Trump campaign spokesman Tim Murtaugh told The Times: “That video was not produced by the campaign, and we do not condone violence.”

There is much outrage over the violent nature of the video, but it’s debatable whether it’s more gruesome than the infamous photo of Griffin holding a bloodied, fake severed head of the president.

Speaking of the failed comedian, who cried over how she was treated in response to her photo, she jumped on the opportunity for the attention that was presented by being included in the video.

Taking to Twitter, Griffin made was appears to be a pathetic attempt justify her vile actions by comparing it to the video and calling on people to come to her defense — all while insinuating that Trump himself is responsible for the video.

“I’m depicted as being murdered by The President of the United States in this video. The left, right & center left me hanging out to dry regarding the Trump mask photo. Please don’t let it happen again. No, this video isn’t a joke to his followers. And it will not be taken as such,” Griffin tweeted.

“I get asked in interviews ‘what’s WAS(🤣) the hardest part of the photo scandal?’ Now this #TrumpVideo. I never broke the law, or violated the 1A. I’ll be watching to see if anyone has the balls this to advocate for me this time…publicly. Hello???” she added in a follow-up tweet.

As usual, Griffin just doesn’t know when to leave well enough alone.

Here’s a sampling of some of the responses on Twitter to this controversy:

Tom Tillison

Senior Staff Writer
[email protected]

The longest-tenured writer at BizPac Review, Tom grew up in Maryland before moving to Central Florida as a young teen. It is in the Sunshine State that he honed both his passion for politics and his writing skills.
Tom Tillison

Comments

Latest Articles