Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horwitz revealed on Wednesday that he had referred disgraced former FBI director James Comey for criminal prosecution.
The referral came earlier this year when it was discovered Comey had leaked sensitive information to the press.
“We are required by the [Inspector General] Act to send information that we’ve identified that could plausibly be criminal to the Department of Justice,” Mr. Horowitz said, according to the Washington Examiner.
Comey’s testimony regarding the alleged leaks and roots of the investigation into Russian meddling has been riddled with inconsistencies as Republican Congressman Mark Meadows stated on Fox News Channel’s “America’s Newsroom.”
“James Comey’s problems are just getting started,” Meadows said.
Being a seasoned investigator, Comey at the time believed he had a cover.
Comey sought protection by leaking information to a friend who also was his attorney. Claiming attorney-client privilege would shield Comey from some probing questions. Also, leaked memos were purposely not labeled “classified” by fellow corrupt FBI insiders in order to protect Comey.
A big problem for the Trump-hating “deep state” is that the leaked memos meant to take down the president with obstruction charges can’t be used as prime evidence against him if it’s labeled “unofficial business use” instead of “classified.”
In other words, they likely shot themselves in the collective foot by delegitimizing their own supposed evidence.
Part of the IG report (pages 1,2) can be viewed below:
This matter was referred to the OIG for review in July 2017 by then-Acting
FBI Director Andrew G. McCabe, consistent with Department regulations and the
Inspector General Act, after the FBI determined that Comey may have shared with
his attorneys Memos that contained classified information. At the time, the OIG
also was aware of Comey’s June 8, 2017 congressional testimony that he had
authorized a friend (who was also one of his personal attorneys) to provide the
contents of Memo 4 — which did not contain any classified information — to a
reporter for The New York Times.
On May 16, 2017, Comey provided a separate copy of Memo 4 to Richman,
who was one of Comey’s attorneys and also a close personal friend. Richman also
had served as a Special Government Employee at the FBI during a portion of the
time that Comey was FBI Director. Comey sent photographs of both pages of
Memo 4 to Richman via text message from Comey’s personal cell phone. Comey
instructed Richman to share the contents of Memo 4, but not the Memo itself, with
a specific reporter for The New York Times. Comey did not seek FBI authorization
before providing the contents of Memo 4, through Richman, to a reporter. As
noted above, the FBI later marked Memo 4 “For Official Use Only” and determined
that it did not contain classified information.
The memo in question was regarding Gen Michael Flynn. President Trump reportedly urged the FBI to go easy on Flynn (who was arguably set up by the ‘deep state’) and those comments were to be used against Trump, along with Comey’s firing on obstruction charges.
Only the convoluted way the memos and information were leaked put a huge wrench in the suspected plan to nail Trump.
And now it’s come out that FBI brass was “shocked” over the memos and bungling by Comey:
— The “Dirty” Truth (@AKA_RealDirty) September 18, 2019
It looks like dark days ahead for the disgraced ex-lawman.
Latest posts by Renee Hayes (see all)
- Tucker defends fmr colleague Megyn Kelly after latest blackface scandal - September 20, 2019
- Dennis Rodman reveals Madonna pregnancy secret, 18-24 month Kim Jong-un prediction - September 20, 2019
- Trump admin’s scathing letter rejecting Newsom’s request for funds: Clean up your act first! - September 20, 2019