The day after last week’s Democrat Debate during which candidate Beto O’Rourke declared, “Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47!” a gun store in Arizona sold out its “Beto Special” $349.99 AR-15, just four hours after posting it online.
Hopeless as a presidential candidate, but earning some serious chops as the widely recognized Firearm Salesman of the Year, Robert “Beto” O’Rourke has inspired a growing consumer stampede to gun stores with his promises to stop the sale of “weapons of war” and to seize Americans’ legally acquired semi-auto rifles.
Alpha Dog Firearms in Phoenix announced on Facebook Friday morning a BETO SPECIAL sale, saying: “we’re discounting AR15’s to such a low price that EVERY AMERICAN can afford one.” Hours later they had to follow-up with a SOLD-OUT update and a promise to keep the Beto deals coming …
O’Rourke is not the only Democrat aiming to scour firearms from the American landscape … far from it. But he may be the 2020 candidate with the fastest evolving position on evermore draconian, anti-Second Amendment gun control.
In March, he said, “If you own an AR-15, keep it. Continue to use it responsibly and safely. I just don’t think that we need to sell any more weapons of war into this public.”
Beto O’Rourke: “If you own an AR-15, keep it. Continue to use it responsibly and safely. I just don’t think that we need to sell anymore weapons of war into this public.” pic.twitter.com/uqMA1jWOTf
— The Hill (@thehill) March 17, 2019
By August, he was rethinking that …
We won’t solve the challenges we face with half steps, half measures, or half the country. That’s why we’re going everywhere, including to gun shows, to meet Americans where they are—and bring them into our campaign. https://t.co/aUVDwHV8ON
— Beto O’Rourke (@BetoORourke) August 17, 2019
Then this month, his campaign in the tank, he went full-on authoritarian, anti-American …
I was asked how I’d address people’s fears that we will take away their assault rifles.
I want to be clear: That’s exactly what we’re going to do. Americans who own AR-15s and AK-47s will have to sell their assault weapons. All of them. pic.twitter.com/YbnSsz3bVy
— Beto O’Rourke (@BetoORourke) September 2, 2019
Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15.
— Beto O’Rourke (@BetoORourke) September 13, 2019
Americans are already prohibited from purchasing or owning “weapons of war.” AR-15s and AK-47s in gun stores and available for purchase online are semi-auto rifles. No military in the world issues semi-auto rifles to their troops. AR-15s are not automatic weapons … they never have been.
The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) says that by 2018, more than 16 million AR-15s were sold to Americans. The gun is “one of the most commonly owned firearms in America,” the foundation said on its website, calling it “America’s rifle.”
“Given American history, and history of the modern sporting rifle, politicians who say the AR-15 is a ‘weapon of war’ civilians shouldn’t be allowed to own are ignorant of our history or are lying. Historically, Americans have always owned similar gun types to those used in the military,” the NSSF site states.
O’Rourke was answering a question on the September 12 debate stage as to whether he’d force Americans to give up their guns. “If it’s a weapon that was designed to kill people on the battlefield. If the high-impact, high-velocity round, when it hits your body shreds everything inside of your body—because it was designed to do that—so that you would bleed to death on a battlefield,” he dramatically intoned. “And not be able to get up and kill one of our soldiers … Hell yes. We’re not going to allow it to be used against our fellow Americans anymore.”
As for the AR-15, it’s worth noting that even though it is one of the most common rifles owned today, it accounts for less than 400 of the 40,000 gun deaths per year … a mere fraction of the annual deaths caused by knives or sharp objects, according to the Daily Caller.
Latest posts by Victor Rantala (see all)
- NJ school teacher yells at students she hopes they die ‘painful death’ from coronavirus for playing at park - April 27, 2020
- Trump’s briefing-alternative included bold counteroffensive: ‘No respect for people running Fox News’ - April 27, 2020
- Candace Owens questions next moves in COVID19 strategy: ‘None of this makes any sense’ - April 26, 2020