The International Union of Police Associations (IUPA) has made it crystal clear who the law and order candidate is in the 2020 presidential election.
“President Trump has done more for Law Enforcement in the past two and a half years than was accomplished in the eight years that preceded his election. He has even undone some of the harmful acts of his predecessor,” stated Sam Cabral, IUPA president, in a statement released Thursday.
The police union’s resounding endorsement counted off several reasons for their advocacy for Trump in 2020 …
- He signed an order that once again provided law enforcement agencies with life-saving surplus military equipment, especially armored vehicles that have saved the lives of countless police and civilians.
- He directed the attorney general to develop a strategy that will aggressively prosecute criminals who attack law enforcement.
- He provided more than 100,000 dollars to help communities hire more law enforcement officers.
- He championed and signed the Mental Health and Wellness Act that improved police access to mental health services.
- He has resumed capital punishment of federal prisoners sentenced to death after a nearly two decades pause.
Cabral did not pull any punches in his criticism of the Democrat agenda. “Every top Democrat currently running for this office has vilified the police and made criminals out to be victims,” he said. “They seem to take any union’s support for granted. Many of them still refer to the tragedy in Ferguson as a murder, despite the conclusions of every investigative inquiry to the contrary.”
According to the IUPA formal endorsement of Trump, “He has made our communities safer. Despite the daily news of violence, murder, and mayhem in the Democratic strongholds of Baltimore as well as Chicago and the absolute deteriorable situation of the cities of Los Angeles and San Francisco, the national crime rate has decreased during his presidency.”
“While his candor ruffles the feathers of the left, I find it honest and refreshing,” the IUPA president said. “He stands with America’s law enforcement officer and we will continue to stand with him.”
The IUPA, affiliated with the AFL-CIO, is the only union chartered exclusively for law enforcement and law enforcement support personnel. More than 100,000 full-time law enforcement officers (LEOs) and employees are represented by the labor organization.
Trump has been earning the respect and support of LEOs since before his election. In 2016, the nation’s largest police union, the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP), endorsed Trump over Hillary Clinton. FOP counts more than 330,000 people as members.
At that time, FOP president Chuck Canterbury stated: “Mr. Trump … has seriously looked at the issues facing law enforcement today. He understands and supports our priorities and our members believe he will make America safe again. He’s made a real commitment to America’s law enforcement and we’re proud to make a commitment to him and his campaign by endorsing his candidacy.”
Latest posts by Victor Rantala (see all)
- NC high school cheerleaders reprimanded over Trump 2020 banner - September 17, 2019
- Former Obama officials rush to disgraced McCabe’s defense - September 17, 2019
- Sold out: Arizona gun store offers Beto backlash specials on AR-15s - September 17, 2019