Trump forgives personal assistant with a reminder about suing Omarosa and others

(File photo: screenshot)

President Trump may have no plans to file a lawsuit against his former personal assistant but other “various people” won’t be so lucky.

The president alluded to the “fully enforceable” confidentiality agreement with former director of Oval Office operations, Madeleine Westerhourt, in a tweet on Saturday, saying he did not believe there was any need to use it against the 28-year-old who had been Trump’s assistant since he became president and left her position this week after divulging information to the press about him and White House business.

But Trump was not letting other former staffers, like “Disgusting and foul mouthed” Omarosa Manigault Newman, off the hook as he said in another tweet acknowledging that he was “currently suing various people” who did break those confidentiality agreements.

The former communications director for the Office of Public Liaison has been bashing the president since her firing from the White House in December 2017. Trump referred to her going “for some cheap money” in publishing a tell-all book last year.

The book, “Unhinged,” portrayed Trump as a racist and an incompetent leader and prompted a lawsuit over her violation of a non-disclosure agreement. The Department of Justice also filed a civil lawsuit against her for not filing financial disclosures required after she was fired from her Trump administration job.

Manigault Newman recently appeared alongside former White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci in an MSNBC interview that was widely panned.

Scaramucci, who was not directly named by the president in his tweet, was fired after only 11 days on the job in 2017. He has recently become a vocal critic of the president, declaring on MSNBC that it is the “patriotic duty” of every American to oppose Trump’s 2020 re-election bid.

The two former Trump loyalists took turns lobbing personal attacks on the president and his state of mind.

Trump seemed more forgiving in his references to Westerhout, however, as he spoke to reporters on Friday.

“She was with reporters. Everything she said was off the record. Mentioned a couple of things about my children,” he said at the White House before departing for Camp David for the weekend, defending Westerhout as basically a “good person.”

He also addressed reports that Westerhout’s off-the-record comments to reporters that cost her job included stating that the president didn’t like to be in pictures with his youngest daughter Tiffany because of her weight.

The 28-year-old director of Oval Office operations who had been Trump’s assistant since he became president. allegedly made the off-the-record comments about White House affairs as well as on Trump’s family during a dinner with reporters in New Jersey as the president vacationed.

“I think she said some things and she called me, she was very upset. She was very down. She said she was drinking a little bit,” Trump said Friday. “I just spoke to her, just before I came out, and I wish her well.”

Powered by Topple

Frieda Powers

Comments

Latest Articles