NYC Good Samaritans come together to detain man who flung subway passenger on to tracks

(Video screenshots)

A group of men in Manhattan worked together early Thursday to detain a homeless man after the vagrant reportedly pushed a standing passenger onto some subway tracks.

The altercation happened sometime around 10:00 am at the Broadway–Lafayette Street/Bleecker Street subway station in Manhattan.

“Witnesses said the apparently homeless man tossed a total stranger onto the downtown tracks before a half-dozen good Samaritans helped the victim up and detained the attacker for police,” the New York Post reported.

While there appears to be no video footage of the assault, the Post did obtain footage of what happened afterward: The homeless man took his shirt off, exchanged a few blows with other bystanders and then tried to flee the scene up the station’s stairs.

Watch what happened below:

What’s noteworthy is how the half a dozen or so men teamed up to thwart his escape. Besides pushing him back down the stairs, they also kept knocking him back to the ground whenever he tried to stand up. It was a team effort that ultimately led to the man’s arrest.

“A police officer suffered a minor wrist injury taking the suspect into custody, according to authorities,” the Post noted. “The victim who was pushed onto the tracks suffered a cut to the head but refused medical attention.”

Well done, good Samaritans.

If only this was all that happened in Manhattan this week, but it wasn’t. In fact, it wasn’t even the tip of the iceberg, in that at least nobody was seriously injured during this attack.

The same cannot be said of two men who were stabbed in Manhattan on Tuesday.

It all started when, during a ride on a Manhattan subway train, a 55-year-old man reportedly asked 40-year-old Ronald Cundiff if he could move his bag. Rather than be nice about it, Cundiff “took out his knife and stabbed the victim,” according to sources who spoke with the Post.

But it wasn’t over yet. Cundiff then reportedly ran out of the station, fled to the Bowery (a street and neighborhood in southern Manhattan) and stabbed someone else while being chased by the cops.

“Cellphone video obtained by The Post shows responding cops going after Cundiff as he bolts across the street. Two cops fall into a car as the suspect makes his way to the other side. Seconds later, the clip shows, cops nab Cundiff,” the Post reported.



“Cundiff, a Bronx resident who has 25 prior arrests, was slapped with charges of assault, criminal possession of a weapon, reckless endangerment and resisting arrest. The stabbing victims were taken to an area hospital in stable condition.”

So that covers Tuesday and Friday. What about Monday and Wednesday? Glad you asked …

On Wednesday, a 21-year-old man reportedly leaped to his death from the rooftop bar of a 16-story hotel in Manhattan.

“The man who plunged to his death from a trendy Midtown rooftop bar was a 21-year-old Upper West Side resident who downed a drink before taking the fatal fall, police sources said Wednesday,” the Post confirmed.

“Henry Kaufman had the drink around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday then climbed over a ledge and jumped from the 16th-floor ledge at Henry’s Rooftop Bar at The Roger Smith Hotel.”

He died, obviously. But as disturbing as his suicidal death happens to be, it pales in comparison to how the other patrons at the bar reportedly responded to his behavior.

“Nobody knew what was happening — it was just the two tables and the waiter,” one patron said to the Post. People were just laughing and continuing to have a conversation like nothing happened!”

Welcome to New York City, ladies and gentlemen …

And now, drum roll please, it’s time for MONDAY: According to local station WABC, early Monday morning two gunmen … attacked a wealthy Manhattan hedge fund manager? Nope. Robbed a bank? Naw. Committed grand theft auto? No.

The two gunmen attacked a food cart …

“Investigators say the men pushed their way into the food cart early Monday morning on Tenth Avenue and 45th Street in Hell’s Kitchen,” WABC reported. “One of the suspects then punched the 57-year-old vendor in the chest. The other suspect took his phone before the two ran off.”

All that for a phone!?

All that remains unclear now is what’ll happen on Friday. Will it be an assault? Vandalism? A theft? Murder perhaps? Anything’s possible in New York, it would appear.


Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!

Success! Thank you for donating. Please share BPR content to help combat the lies.
Vivek Saxena


We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.


Scroll down for non-member comments or join our insider conversations by becoming a member. We'd love to have you!

Latest Articles