A longtime self-described “journalist” published what appeared to be a column (though it wasn’t labeled as such) this weekend suggesting that the only way for the Democrat Party to beat President Donald Trump in the 2020 elections is for the party and its allies to tell outright lies about him (too late).
“Trump will kill your dog!” reads the Salon report/column by Lucian K. Truscott IV, whose past experience reportedly includes “cover[ing] stories such as Watergate, the Stonewall riots and wars in Lebanon, Iraq and Afghanistan.”
“When he’s finished putting down your dog, Trump is going to take away your health care, raise your taxes, eliminate your job, take away your right to an abortion, limit your right to vote, turn your air and water brown, cut your Social Security and Medicare, and tell you if you don’t like it, you can leave.”
There is no such thing as exaggerating what Donald Trump is capable of. If it means more money for him an his Republican pals, he’ll kill your dog.
— Lucian K Truscott IV (@LucianKTruscott) July 27, 2019
Despite every allegation Truscott trotted out being a fabrication, he believes “[t]his is the message Democrats have to carry to the country in 2020” … regardless of “who’s the nominee.”
“We already know all this stuff is true, and we don’t need ‘facts’ to surmise that if given half a chance Trump and his minions will find some way to make euthanizing shelter animals easier and more profitable. For Donald Trump and the Republican Party he leads, money and cruelty is who they are. It’s what they do,” he continued opining in his “report.”
According to Truscott, Republicans are willing to “do anything it takes” to win an election, including “stealing, lying and cheating.” As proof, he cited a litany of dubious grievances.
- He argued Republicans have gerrymandered electoral districts to their advantage. While this is true, he neglected to mention that the Democrats have done the same thing.
- He argued Republicans have “passed laws restricting the right to vote in 25 states since 2010.” That’s false. What he referred to as “laws restricting the right to vote” were in fact widely supported voter ID laws.
- He argued that the claim by Republicans that Democrats such as self-avowed socialist Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is a socialist/communist is a lie. It’s not.
- He argued that the claim by Republicans that Democrats are for “open borders” is a lie. The evidence strongly suggests otherwise.
- He argued that the claim by Republicans that Democrats “want to come right into your homes and take away your guns” is a lie. Democrat presidential candidate Rep. Eric Swalwell’s rhetoric says otherwise.
- Etc., Etc.,Etc.
Because of these alleged lies — of which none are actually lies — Truscott seems to believe it’s imperative that Democrats get “tough” and stop acting like former special counsel Robert Mueller, who was panned by the media over his anemic performance after he testified before Congress this week.
“Mueller’s problem on Wednesday is the same as the problem Democrats have when they run for office,” the “journalist” opined. “Mueller was careful, nuanced, and he stuck to the facts. His testimony, when it came right down to it, was imperfect in the way that any sane person must be if he or she is bound by a sense of duty, propriety, and an urge to abide by accepted norms. He came across as a somewhat reluctant, hesitant witness, while if you read his testimony, he was anything but. He was measured, he was accurate, and he was truthful.”
Not really, but OK …
Bob Mueller lied. AGAIN. https://t.co/wzi2yyHNl1
— Sebastian Gorka DrG (@SebGorka) July 24, 2019
“There is a lesson Democrats running for office can learn from the Mueller hearings,” Truscott continued. “It does you little good to stick to the rules of good order and behavior when the other side has abandoned both. I’m not saying that Democrats should adopt Republican ways by joining them in lying, cheating and stealing. But I am saying that Democrats can learn something from Republican imprecision.”
So to recap, while he doesn’t actually condone outright lying, this “journalist” believes Democrats should obfuscate and distort (which they already do …). And why, pray tell, does he feel like this? Because he’s fed up with the Republicans’ lies, none of which are actually lies.
You know, this Truscott “journalist” should consider teaming up with delusional Hollywood actor Rob Reiner to run the Democrats’ whole 2020 campaign operation, because you know, their strategies for winning sure are … to quote Robert Mueller … “ummm, ehhh, uhhh,” out of this world.
? BizPac Review News ?
? Hollywood’s Rob Reiner fumes at anti-impeachment Dem: ‘Sorry if you lose your seat, but we’ve got to stand up…’ https://t.co/Wfdkm6kab2
— ❌nuuzfeed (@nuuzfeed) July 27, 2019
So what exactly is Truscott’s plan of obfuscation? It’s basically for every Democrat to begin acting like House Speaker Nancy Pelosi …
“Take health care as just one example. … How about this: what if Democrats took a page out of the Republican playbook and simply said, ‘Don’t worry, you can trust us. We’re going to take care of your health care.’ That’s the plan, the whole thing. It would have the advantage of being both simple and true,” he wrote.
“They could apply this approach across the board. Here’s what we’re going to do: we’re going to lower your taxes, raise your pay, protect your jobs, reduce your student loan payments, protect Social Security and Medicare, maintain your right to an abortion, reform the immigration laws, and protect the southern border. And we’re going to end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.”
Now recall what Speaker Pelosi said prior to Obamacare’s passage in 2020:
To paraphrase, she basically said please trust me and just pass the bill — you’ll see that it’s worth it afterward.
While the strategy certainly worked at the time, it also led to Democrats suffering one of the biggest midterm election defeats in American history. Just saying.
- ‘Australia going full CCP’: Aussies look to crack down on bikers, require tattoos to be covered - October 17, 2021
- Buttigieg says supply chain crisis to run into 2022, puts lipstick on pig to sell empty shelves as robust demand - October 17, 2021
- Richard Grenell calls on NYT reporter to ‘correct’ the record for calling Pete Buttigieg first ‘confirmed’ gay cabinet member - October 17, 2021