Speaker Nancy Pelosi — the leader of the Democratic Party — proved once again that Democrats are not negotiating in good faith to fix the longstanding immigration crisis.
On Sunday evening (June 23), Pelosi introduced a $4.5 billion border supplemental bill that provides NO funding for the border wall, but uses taxpayer money to house, feed, educate, and provide legal services to illegal aliens who sneak across the U.S. border.
Democrats: US taxpayers must pay for illegal aliens’ needs
In a statement, Pelosi says the Democrat-led House of Representatives proposed the bill to prioritize the safety and well-being of illegal aliens.
“The President’s failed policies have exacerbated the situation at the border, where vulnerable children endure inhumane conditions that threaten their health, well-being and sometimes, tragically, their lives,” Pelosi said.
Pelosi added: “This legislation provides urgently-needed humanitarian assistance for families, including funding for food, shelter, clothing, medical care and legal assistance, and will relieve the horrific situation of over-crowding and help prevent additional deaths. And we are providing urgent assistance to local communities to help defray their costs of providing humanitarian assistance to asylum seekers.”
Trump’s failed policies have exacerbated the situation at the border, where children endure inhumane conditions on a daily basis. This week, the House will advance legislation to protect families & fund effective, humane alternatives to detention. https://t.co/dyTjTSpvFt
— Nancy Pelosi (@SpeakerPelosi) June 23, 2019
Taxpayer money will be used to house, educate, and feed illegals
The Democrats’ border aid supplemental bill includes:
- $934.5 million for processing facilities, food, water, sanitary items, blankets, medical services, and safe transportation;
- $866 million to reduce reliance on influx shelters to house children;
200 million for an integrated, multi-agency processing center pilot program for families and unaccompanied children, with participation by non-profit organizations;
- $100 million for legal services for unaccompanied children, child advocates, and post-release services;
- $60 million to assist jurisdictions experiencing a significant influx of migrants and non-profit organizations serving those communities;
- $20 million for Alternatives to Detention;
- $15 million for the Legal Orientation Program to educate migrants about their rights and legal proceedings; and
- $9 million to speed up placement of children with sponsors and manage their cases.
‘No funding for a border wall or barriers’
The Democrats’ immigration bill includes ZERO funding to secure the U.S. border or ensure the safety of Americans.
“The supplemental also contains important oversight provisions to hold the administration accountable and to protect the rights and dignity of migrants, including: No funding for a border wall or barriers, or for ICE detention beds.”
Nancy Pelosi proposed the bill shortly after President Trump canceled a mass deportation raid that was scheduled for Sunday in 10 cities.
At the time, Trump said he would give Democrats “every last chance to quickly negotiate simple changes to Asylum and Loopholes. This will fix the Southern Border, together with the help that Mexico is now giving us. Probably won’t happen, but worth a try. Two weeks and big Deportation begins!”
Trump came under fire from his own supporters for postponing for the deportation raids. They argued that the Democrats are not negotiating in good faith, so he shouldn’t give them any leeway.
I want to give the Democrats every last chance to quickly negotiate simple changes to Asylum and Loopholes. This will fix the Southern Border, together with the help that Mexico is now giving us. Probably won’t happen, but worth a try. Two weeks and big Deportation begins!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 23, 2019
Millions of homeless Americans sleep on the streets every night
Nancy Pelosi proved the critics right, when she used the extra time to propose a border bill that provides ZERO funding for a border wall but makes clear that she believes that Americans are financially responsible for the comfort of illegal aliens who shouldn’t even be in the United States in the first place.
Keep in mind that there are plenty of impoverished, homeless, hungry American citizens who sleep on the streets every night.
— occupycorruptDC (@occupycorruptDC) June 22, 2019
Latest posts by Samantha Chang (see all)
- Jewish GOP rep connects Ilhan Omar’s ‘anti-Israel’ BDS resolution to foreign terror group Hamas - July 18, 2019
- Protester gets tossed from rally, angrily flings MAGA hat off head on way out as Trump lands a humiliating jab - July 18, 2019
- Planned Parenthood vows to forgo federal funds rather than play by Trump’s new rules - July 17, 2019