Fired up Tom Homan accuses DHS chief of ‘resisting’ ICE, leaking raids to media

(Image: screenshot)

Former Acting ICE Director Thomas Homan unleashed a blistering attack against a government official he believes leaked information about impending mass raids to the media.

The Fox News contributor blasted Acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan during an appearance on “Fox & Friends” Saturday, accusing him of “resisting” ICE and slamming the leaks that put the lives of agents at risk.

(Video: Fox News)

McAleenan’s stance in opposition to ICE’s objectives puts him on “the wrong side of this issue,” Homan exclaimed Saturday while discussing the Trump administration plans to begin an operation Sunday to round up migrant families who have ignored deportation orders.

Liberal elected officials across the nation are already standing firm in opposition to the impending raids by ICE agents which are expected to occur in up to 10 cities, including Chicago, Baltimore, New York, Houston, Los Angeles and Miami.

But Homan argued that Democratic mayors and governors are not the only ones actively opposing the federal agents.

“You’ve got the acting Secretary of Homeland Security resisting what ICE is trying to do,” he said.

“In the Washington Post story, and numerous media outlets, he does not support this operation,” he added, referring to McAleenan. “And I tell you what, if that’s his position, then he’s on the wrong side of this issue. You don’t tell the men and women of ICE a day before they go out there to do this operation.”

Homan also seemed to suggest that McAleenan, who served as deputy commissioner of Customs and Border Protection from 2014 to 2017, was the source of the media leaks.

“When this story was leaked, they gave the location of the cities, the day this was supposed to start, how many targets,” He said. “This leak, which I know where the leak came from – I think we all know where the leak came from, that story only benefits one person – put these officers at greater risk of harm. I know the president said we’re going to do an operation, one million people in a week. He didn’t give the location. He didn’t give the number of targets.”

President Trump tweeted last week that ICE would be “removing the millions of illegal aliens who have illicitly found their way into the U.S,” though the agency is expected to arrest over 2,040 family members who are living in the U.S. illegally and have deportation orders, according to administration officials.

Reports of the upcoming raids began to appear as outlets like the Washington Post published the news.

As word got out, liberal leaders in so-called sanctuary cities declared they would not offer ICE agents any assistance. An exasperated Homan rebuked them all.

“As far as these mayors from sanctuary cities, I just wish they’d just shut their mouths. Because you want to talk about separation of families? Separation of families are the Angel moms and dads who’ve been separated from their children forever because illegal aliens walked out of your sanctuary jail,” Homan said. “Every one of those mayors ought to be ashamed, San Francisco, New York, Chicago, I could go on and on.”

“I’m disgusted,” he added. “The men and women of ICE deserve better.”

Frieda Powers

Senior Staff Writer
[email protected]

Originally from New York, Powers graduated from New York University and eventually made her way to sunny South Florida where she has been writing for the BizPacReview team since 2015.
Frieda Powers

Comments

Latest Articles