President Donald Trump brought down the house at a rally in Green Bay, Wisconsin last night when he mock-fired White House press secretary Sarah Sanders, saying she’s getting too popular.
The hijinks started after Trump invited Sanders on stage, where she was greeted by an enthusiastic crowd that shouted her name, “Sarah! Sarah! Sarah!”
Sarah Sanders: ‘He’s Proven Them Wrong Every Time’
Sanders fired up the crowd by reminding them of the Trump administration’s recent victories (no, not the booming economy, but Robert Mueller’s final report concluding there was no evidence of collusion).
“Last year this night I was at a slightly different event — not quite the best welcome. So this is an amazing honor. I’m so proud to work for the president!
They said there was collusion and there wasn’t. They’ve questioned him at every step and he’s proven them wrong every time — because of you.”
Trump: ‘Sarah Is Great!’
The crowd erupted into raucous applause as Sander was leaving the stage after hugging her boss. President Trump beamed like a proud dad, and made a self-deprecating joke while praising Sanders.
“She doesn’t get it. She doesn’t understand me after all these years. She’s becoming too popular. Sarah, I’m jealous. You’re fired!…She’s great!”
Sarah Sanders made a reference to last year’s White House Correspondents Dinner, where she and the Trump White House were the butt of vicious, misogynistic attacks by D-list comedian Michelle Wolf.
— Jack Furnari (@JackBPR) April 29, 2018
Last Year’s White House Correspondents Dinner Bombed
These were some highlights (or lowlights, as it were) from Wolf’s 2018 WHCD stand-up routine, which wasn’t even funny. That’s what happens when you recycle “jokes” made nonstop on CNN and MSNBC:
- “All [Kellyanne Conway] does is lie. If you don’t give her a platform, she has nowhere to lie. It’s like that old saying, if a tree falls in the woods, how do we get Kellyanne under that tree?”
- “Tonight, I’m going to try to make fun of the president in a new way, in a way that I really think will get him. Mr. President, I don’t think you’re very rich. Like, I think you might be rich in Idaho, but in New York you’re doing fine.”
- “I’m never really sure what to call Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Is it Sarah Sanders? Is it Sarah Huckabee Sanders? Is it Cousin Huckabee? Is it Auntie Huckabee Sanders? Like, what’s Uncle Tom but for white women who disappoint other white women?”
- “Ivanka was supposed to be an advocate for women. But it turns out, she’s about as helpful to women as an empty box of tampons.”
CNN Claims Trump Ordered Boycott of This Year’s WHCD
Last week, CNN’s favorite source — “Anonymous” — floated the rumor that President Trump had ordered his staff to boycott this year’s White House Correspondents Dinner, which was held the same night of his Wisconsin rally.
The source claims that Trump had ordered the boycott in response to the hostility his staff had suffered at last year’s WH Correspondents Dinner.
Karma Came Calling for D-List Comedian
Meanwhile, karma came calling last year for Trump-bashing WHCD dinner host Michelle Wolf. Her unpopular Netflix show got canceled shortly after she bombed at the WHCD. Her show only lasted for three months.
- DOJ attorney in charge of election-crimes unit quits after AG Barr opens investigation - November 10, 2020
- ‘Whoa, whoa, whoa’: Neil Cavuto slammed after he cuts off Kayleigh McEnany presser - November 10, 2020
- Same media that cheered Stacey Abrams, Al Gore for refusing to concede attack Trump for same move - November 8, 2020