House Speaker Nancy Pelosi hammered members of her own party this morning at the AIPAC annual meeting in Washington, DC for breaching critical American values and loyalties, though she didn’t mention anyone by name.
“I simply declare–to be anti-Semitic is to be anti-American,” said Pelosi. “It has no place in our country.”
Omar, the freshman Democrat from Minnesota, has opened a wide divide through the party with her very loud demands that the state of Israel be boycotted. She has also rebuked lawmakers for “inappropriate allegiances to Israel,” America’s most steadfast ally.
“If you care about American security, you must care about Israel’s security,” said the Speaker.
Pelosi directly criticized the BDS Movement which Omar supports. The Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions Movement is a Palestinian-led global campaign against Israel. She described the BDC organization as “bigoted and dangerous” ideology “masquerading” as a legitimate policy proposal.
Monday evening, Senate Foreign Relations Chairman James Risch spoke to the AIPAC attendees. “BDS is pure, unadulterated racism,” said the Republican from Idaho. “There’s no place for that in America. The Jewish people have been really discriminated against for centuries. BDS is an attempt by people to continue that. It’s wrong. It’s un-American. It shouldn’t be allowed.”
“The United States will continue to champion a foreign policy that reaffirms Israel’s right to self-defense,” Pelosi said, speaking to the issues raised by Omar. “In our democratic societies, we should welcome legitimate debate about how best to honor our values and to advance our priorities without questioning loyalty or patriotism.”
Unfortunately, there does seem to be doubt that the Democratic party is committed to Israel in the way Pelosi tried to assure the audience. Remarkably, there are no Democratic presidential candidates on the schedule to speak at AIPAC.
Clearly, those “great leaders” are all themselves chasing the extreme left, as represented by Moveon.org and Code Pink and others.
Those two radical groups have strenuously campaigned to convince the 16 progressive candidates to shun the 3-day AIPAC convention. Their campaign worked.
Every one of the 16 Democratic presidential candidates has refused to show their support for the Jewish-themed organization or the existential issues they represent by attending or speaking to the crowd.
According to Sanford Horn of the Federalist, there were a handful of other Dems in addition to Pelosi who stood up to the extreme left masters battling to control the party. The Democrats who addressed AIPAC were Steny Hoyer of Maryland and Chuck Schumer, Eliot Engel, and Hakeen Jeffries from New York.
Horn also provided a list of the cowardly (or anti-semite?) Democratic presidential candidates for those who are keeping score:
- Sen. Cory Booker, New Jersey
- Former South Bend, Indiana mayor Pete Buttigieg
- Former San Antonio, Texas mayor Julian Castro
- Former U.S. representative John Delaney, Maryland
- Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, Hawaii
- Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, New York
- Sen. Kamala Harris, California
- Former Colorado governor John Hickenlooper
- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar, Minnesota
- Former U.S. representative Robert Francis O’ Rourke, Texas
- Sen. Bernie Sanders, Vermont
- Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz, a Democrat masquerading as an Independent
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Massachusetts
- Author Marianne Williamson
- Former tech executive Andrew Yang
AIPAC (American Israel Public Affairs Committee) is the bipartisan organization of “U.S. citizens committed solely to strengthening, protecting and promoting the U.S.-Israel relationship.” They are not a political action committee and they do not endorse or contribute to political candidates.
— Mandy ☕?? (@SpringSteps) March 26, 2019
I believe in u Pelosi -but if u continue too let that antisemitic anti American bds racist sharia law supporter of Islamic domination continue – blood will be on ur hands! Take a stand &throw her out of office- back too Somali or lock her up for treason – throw out Tlaib as well
— WHAT NOW? (@wewantpeace4all) March 26, 2019
(We all know it’s number 1)
— Justin ??❌ (@2A_Jay) March 26, 2019
Why then didn’t she censure Ilhan Omar????
— Margaux R. (@MargauxR15) March 26, 2019
— Rodney D. Pumas (@Rodney_D_Pumas) March 26, 2019
- NJ school teacher yells at students she hopes they die ‘painful death’ from coronavirus for playing at park - April 27, 2020
- Trump’s briefing-alternative included bold counteroffensive: ‘No respect for people running Fox News’ - April 27, 2020
- Candace Owens questions next moves in COVID19 strategy: ‘None of this makes any sense’ - April 26, 2020