We The People Wine: Get your conservative wine today!

Covington student Nick Sandmann’s attorney reveals what he’s going to do to CNN

(Video screenshot)

Weeks after attorneys for Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann filed a bombshell $250 million lawsuit against The Washington Post for smearing their client, they announced on Fox News that a similar suit against CNN is impending.

Listen:

“CNN was probably more vicious in its direct attacks on Nicholas than The Washington Post. And CNN goes into millions of individuals’ homes,” attorney Lin Wood of the law firm Hemmer DeFrank Wessels revealed during an interview set to air Sunday on Fox News Channel’s “Life, Liberty & Levin.”

“They really went after Nicholas with the idea that he was part of a mob that was attacking the Black Hebrew Israelites, yelling racist slurs at the Black Hebrew Israelites. Totally false, saying things like that that Nicholas was part of a group that was threatening the Black Hebrew Israelites, that they thought it was going to be a lynching.

“Now you say you’ve seen the tape,” he added. “If you took the time to look at the full context of what happened that day, Nicholas Sandmann did absolutely nothing wrong.”

Neither did his peers from Covington.

Below is footage of the Black  Hebrew Israelites hurling racial slurs at them:

Wood continued by noting that CNN promptly started attacking Sandmann and his peers after a far-left activist group posted the infamous video of the 16-year-old teen smiling politely in American Indian activist Nathan Phillips’ face to social media following the March for Life.

“The CNN folks were online on Twitter at 7:00 am retweeting the little one-minute propaganda piece that had been put out by [political activist group] 2025,” he said. “We’ll find out who that person or entity was behind that eventually. But they’re out there right away going after this young boy.”

“And they maintain it for at least two days. Why didn’t they stop and just take an hour and look through the Internet and find the truth and then report it? Maybe do that before you report the lies. They didn’t do it. They were vicious. It was false.”

It took the actual journalists in conservative media to glean the full picture, which was that the Black Hebrew Israelites started the altercation by hurling insults at the Covington kids, and then Phillips exacerbated it by marching up to the kids and banging a drum in their face.

Watch:

HERE’S WHAT YOU’RE MISSING …

Note also that the media’s smears continued past two days. On Jan. 21, for instance, several news outlets (not CNN, amazingly enough) ran another smear piece accusing falsely accusing a couple of former Covington Catholic High School students of having once worn “blackface.”

It’s unclear when the outlets that participated in that smear — including the New York Daily News — will face their day in court. For now, Wood is focused on CNN.

“CNN will be sued next week and the dollar figure in the CNN case may be higher than it was in the Washington Post,” he said to Fox News, adding that the suit will be filed either Monday or Tuesday.

How much higher? That remains unclear.

“I expect because of the way they went after Nicholas so viciously, that the claim for his reputational damage will be higher than it was against The Washington Post,” Wood said.

“The Post was $50 million for the reputational damage, and we can discuss why that figure. $200 million in punitive damages. Punitive damages are designed to punish and to deter. Don’t ever do this again. I would think the punitive damage award against CNN that we’ll seek will be at least the same $200 million as it was against the Washington Post. But the compensatory damage to Nicholas’s reputation, that number I expect will be higher.

The hope by the veritable army of people fed-up with CNN’s lies and nonsense is that the amount will be much, much, much higher:

Some would argue that CNN is already bankrupt — morally and ethically bankrupt, that is.

HERE’S WHAT YOU’RE MISSING …

Vivek Saxena

Comments

Latest Articles