Democrat Senator Kamala Harris wasted no time playing the race card while pandering to voters during a podcast called “The Breakfast Club,” whose target audience is black Americans.
Harris ― who is running for president ― claims there is “racial bias” in the US healthcare delivery system that she wants to prioritize.
Harris discussed a 2018 bill she proposed that would address the “high maternal mortality rate” of black women. She cited a statistic claiming that “black women are dying at 3 to 4 times higher rate in connection with childbirth in America.”
Unclear What Harris Bases Assessment On
Predictably, Harris attributed this to racism, and not to other factors, such as pre-delivery health status, post-natal healthcare, and genetics. There are also lifestyle factors that affect one’s health, such as obesity, diet quality, exercise habits, etc., etc.
“It is literally about racial bias in the healthcare delivery system.
So I have a bill that says we need to train medical schools and doctors on how to take black women seriously when they walk through that hospital door. And talk about their illness, and take them seriously and not reject their complaints or thing of them as hysterical.”
It’s unclear why Kamala Harris thinks the US healthcare system is racist, or whether any research backs up her claim that medical professionals do not take the health complaints of black women seriously.
That is a serious charge that besmirches an entire profession, and one that should not be made lightly.
Bill Would Force Racial Sensitivity Training
Harris’ proposed bill, called the Maternal CARE Act, would do the following to “reduce racial bias” in maternal health:
- Implicit Bias Training Grants: Addresses implicit bias—bias in judgement or behavior resulting from implicit attitudes and stereotypes—by establishing competitive grants directed to medical schools, nursing schools, and other health professionals training programs to support implicit bias training. Priority is given for training in obstetrics and gynecology.
- Pregnancy Medical Home Demonstration Project: Establishes a demonstration project to assist up to 10 states with implementing and sustaining pregnancy medical home (PMH) programs to incentivize maternal health care providers to deliver integrated health care services to pregnant women and new mothers and reduce adverse maternal health outcomes, maternal deaths, and racial health disparities in maternal mortality and morbidity.
- Directs the National Academy of Medicine to study and make recommendations for incorporating bias recognition in clinical skills testing for U.S. medical schools.
So, in other words, medical professionals now have to worry about making sure they aren’t accused of racial bias, in addition to taking care of their patients’ health.
Black Activist: Kamala Is Using Blacks for Votes
While Kamala Harris is conveniently playing the race card to pander to black voters, black activists like Tariq Nasheed pointed out that “Kamala Harris has never identified herself with Black people,” but is doing so now “that she’s running for president and she needs the Black vote.”
Kamala Harris has never identified herself with Black people, but now that she's running for president and she need the Black vote, her camp is trying to say things like "Kamala is Black because she went to Howard University"…..
Rachel Dolezal went to Howard too pic.twitter.com/MlXDJ4vMeP
— Tariq Nasheed 🇺🇸 (@tariqnasheed) January 24, 2019
All you Kamala Harris was supporters, you do realize tracking native Black Americans is not a good strategy to hide the fact that your candidate has never identified herself as Black, and condescending pandering is not a good look https://t.co/V2HIvE4lbU
— Tariq Nasheed 🇺🇸 (@tariqnasheed) January 24, 2019
Harris: Don’t Question My Black Street Cred
Harris’ father is Jamaican, and her mother is from India. She responded to criticism that she’s “not black enough” by comparing herself to former president Barack Obama, who’s half-white.
So I was born in Oakland and raised in the United States except for the years that I was in high school in Montreal, Canada. This is the same thing they did to Barack. This is not new to us. And so I think that we know what they’re trying to do.
They’re trying to do what has been happening over the last two years, which is powerful voices trying to sow hate and division among us. And so we need to recognize when we’re being played.”
Keep in mind that the criticism that Harris is not “black enough” comes from other blacks ― not from white folks.
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- DOJ attorney in charge of election-crimes unit quits after AG Barr opens investigation - November 10, 2020
- ‘Whoa, whoa, whoa’: Neil Cavuto slammed after he cuts off Kayleigh McEnany presser - November 10, 2020
- Same media that cheered Stacey Abrams, Al Gore for refusing to concede attack Trump for same move - November 8, 2020
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.