Peter Hasson, DCNF
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has cited her moral values as reasons to oppose President Donald Trump’s planned border wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.
Given Pelosi’s recent moral outspokenness, The Daily Caller News Foundation reached out to her office with three other moral questions, in hopes that she would answer them. She would not.
The three questions are below:
- Putting aside the question of whether abortion should be legal or not, does Pelosi think sex-selective abortions — e.g. aborting an unborn baby solely because she’s a girl — are immoral?
- Does Pelosi think it’s immoral to coerce Catholic nuns to subsidize birth control?
- Does Pelosi think it’s immoral for Democratic senators to use membership in a Catholic charitable organization, the Knights of Columbus, as a negative test for judicial office?
Pelosi’s office declined to provide an answer to any of the above questions.
Democrats at both the national and state level in recent years have attempted to force religious groups, including the Little Sisters of the Poor, to provide birth control despite their religious convictions to the contrary.
Two Democratic senators, Kamala Harris of California and Mazie Hirono of Hawaii, have targeted one of Trump’s judicial nominees over his membership in the Knights of Columbus. The senators proposed the nominee, Brian Buescher, withdraw from the charitable organization.
TheDCNF will update this story if Pelosi reverses course and provides moral clarity on any of those three questions.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected]
Latest posts by BPR Wire (see all)
- Susan Rice claims without evidence that Russia could be funding riots - May 31, 2020
- Tale of two Silicon Valley giants: How Facebook and Twitter are dealing with calls to ban Trump’s content - May 31, 2020
- A plan you can actually keep: Trump delivers on Obama’s broken health care promise - May 31, 2020