NBA star LeBron James slammed NFL team owners, saying they’re a bunch of “old white men” with a “slave mentality.” He probably meant “slave-owner mentality,” but whatever…
James said: “In the NFL, they just got a bunch of old, white men owning teams and they got that slave mentality. And it’s like, ‘This is my team. You do what the f— I tell y’all to do, or we get rid of y’all.’”
— Ben Golliver (@BenGolliver) December 22, 2018
Of course, slaves don’t get paid millions of dollars, nor are they celebrated as icons simply for doing their jobs. It also bears noting that no group has created more black millionaires than the NFL.
Speaking of slavery, it couldn’t have been dismantled without the help of “old white men” like Republican president Abraham Lincoln.
LeBron made the comments on HBO’s “The Shop,” while suggesting that NFL team owners don’t want football players to express themselves politically.
Actually, that’s not true. They just don’t want NFL players to hijack football games to make political statements. They’re free to do whatever they want off the field.
LeBron’s remarks were presumably in response to the massive uproar over NFL players’ disrespect of the national anthem.
LeBron — who is signed to a $153 million contract with the Los Angeles Lakers — contrasted the NFL’s approach to the laissez-faire stance adopted by NBA Commissioner Adam Silver (an old white man).
“I’m so appreciative in our league, our commissioner,” James said. “It doesn’t even matter if Adam agrees with what we are saying, he at least wants to hear us out. As long as we are doing it in a very educational, non-violent way, then he’s absolutely OK with it.”
LeBron then claimed that unlike the NFL, the NBA encourages its players’ off-court activities.
“The difference between the NBA and the NFL: the NBA [cares about] what we believe [a player] can be, the potential.
In the NFL, it’s what can you do for me this Sunday or this Monday or this Thursday. And if you ain’t it, we moving on.”
As BizPac Review reported, NFL ratings tanked last year after millions of football fans turned off their TV sets to protest the NFL’s disrespect of the national anthem. And NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell came under heavy fire for letting the disruptive spectacles continue.
LeBron — a Trump-bashing liberal who endorsed Hillary Clinton in 2016 — was among the celebrities who supported the NFL protests of the national anthem.
NFL fans were upset because their football games got hijacked by players who wanted to stage political protests. Fans said athletes should protest on their own time — off the field.
In August 2018, LeBron James was touted as a hero for opening an Ohio school for underprivileged children despite reports suggesting that he misled the media by implying he had paid for the school 100% on his own.
In reality, LeBron’s charitable foundation paid $2 million and may pay an additional $2 million once the school opens in 2022, but Ohio taxpayers will pay $8 million a year to keep the school running.
— Conservative News (@BIZPACReview) August 8, 2018
The Akron, Ohio School District is annoyed that the media pushed the fake news that LeBron financed the school on his own, when in fact, he put up 20%, and taxpayers will foot the remaining 80% of the bill.
“The coverage made it look like the whole thing is his,” said Akron school district rep Mark Williamson. “He did a lot, but taxpayers should know it’s their investment, too.”
That’s a nice scam: Get the media to heap praise on you for opening a school, when in reality you leave Ohio taxpayers holding the bag for 80% of the costs while you relocate to Los Angeles.
Flashback: LeBron James called Trump supporters “uneducated.”
LeBron James thinks Trump voters "was uneducated" pic.twitter.com/uTg9gdBbAI
— Miss Michigan (@correctthemedia) September 27, 2017
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- DOJ attorney in charge of election-crimes unit quits after AG Barr opens investigation - November 10, 2020
- ‘Whoa, whoa, whoa’: Neil Cavuto slammed after he cuts off Kayleigh McEnany presser - November 10, 2020
- Same media that cheered Stacey Abrams, Al Gore for refusing to concede attack Trump for same move - November 8, 2020
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.