Fox News host Greg Gutfeld has come up with a novel approach to Thanksgiving this year.
Instead of going out of the way to avoid politics at the dinner table during today’s polarizing times, Gutfeld cited a poll that shows 53 percent of Americans say talking politics with someone they disagree with is stress inducing to suggest the other 47 percent must be game.
His response: “Instead of avoiding politics, let’s go all in at Thanksgiving.”
But Gutfeld doesn’t leave those willing to take advice from a TV host empty-handed — he compares taking such advice to “taking a ride from a stranger. It’s risky.”
Seizing on President Donald Trump’s successes, he fills your quiver with an arsenal of recommended approaches should you choose to traverse this minefield.
The host of “The Greg Gutfeld Show” shared these gems:
“Wow — these mashed potatoes are really hot. Almost as hot as our economy, which under President Trump — grew at a 3 to 4 percent rate.”
“Looks like we have more dinner rolls than people — much like jobs under Trump, who helped create 4 million of them in just two years.”
“So Gramps, why don’t you carve the turkey, just like President Trump carved our bloated bureaucracy, when he cut 16 rules and regulations for every one created, saving us $8 billion dollars.”
“Looks like we’ve run out of gravy — kind of like what happened to our doctors under ObamaCare. Thank God Donald Trump repealed that mandate, am I right grandma?
“I’m stuffed, much like the Supreme Court is, with two sterling appointments in Judges Gorsuch and Kavanaugh.”
“Maybe the kids can clear the table. Just like Trump cleared the country of MS-13.”
“Honey, can you take out the trash? Just put it on the curb next to the Paris climate accords and the awful Iran Treaty.”
I love pumpkin pie. Doesn’t the color remind you of Donald Trump’s gorgeous hair?
The co-hosts of “The Five” would go on to discuss how to navigate your way through awkward table talk and survive — if that’s possible with a Trump White House.
- Media meets skeptical response after moving on to ‘Delta-plus’, other ‘doomsday’ variants - August 4, 2021
- Scarborough does his best to liken Gov DeSantis to an over-bearing ‘socialist’ in ridiculous morning spin - August 4, 2021
- Arkansas’ GOP governor regrets ban on mask mandates; DeSantis stands in breach for parents’ rights - August 4, 2021