Kellyanne corrects Chris Wallace on Acosta video: It’s not altered, it’s ‘sped up.’ That doesn’t change a thing.

Days after Jim Acosta had his press credentials yanked,  Kellyanne Conway was defending the White House’s decision and asserting a video of the CNN reporter was not altered.

The controversial video showed Acosta in a heated exchange with President Donald Trump at a press conference last week in which he refused to give up the microphone even as a White House intern attempted to take it away from him.

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace asked Conway on “Fox News Sunday” about a version of the video the administration used to justify its call to pull Acosta’s press pass and the White House’s responses to the “now infamous confrontation.”

He pointed to White House press secretary Sarah Sanders tweeting the video “that was clearly altered to make it look like it was more of a physical confrontation than it really was.”

“First of all, what you mean by edited or, as others are saying, ‘doctored video?’” Conway said. “He either put his hands on her or grabbed the mic back, or he did not.”

“And he clearly did,” she added.

“He clearly did, but the video was altered — and there are experts who have looked at it — to speed it up to make it look…” Wallace pressed.

“Well that’s not altered, that’s sped up,” Conway noted. “They do it all the time in sports to see if there’s a first down or a touchdown.”

“I have to disagree with the overwrought description of this video being doctored as if we put somebody else’s arm in there,” she said, later describing Acosta’s physical contact with the intern as a “karate chop.”

Conway noted that the CNN correspondent should have apologized to the White House aide, but added, “as far as I know he has not.”

“She’s a young age, just doing her job and if you play the full clip for your audience, you will see the president had already answered his questions and he was moving on to the next questioner from NBC who was already standing, ready to pose that question and he wanted to move on to give other outlets an opportunity to ask their questions,” Conway explained.

“I agree with that. As a reporter who has sometimes been in that press room waiting, you always wanted to get your question,” Wallace responded.

Acosta and his network have reportedly filed a lawsuit against the Trump administration for removing his press credentials.

Powered by Topple

Frieda Powers

Comments

Latest Articles