Former Trump strategist Steve Bannon said the anonymous New York Times op-ed alleged to be by a “senior” White House official was likely a conspiracy involving “six to a dozen” members of the administration.
Bannon, who has a new film, “Trump @ War,” shared his theory Monday night during an appearance on Fox News’ “The Ingraham Angle.”
“I don’t think there’s any one author,” he told host Laura Ingraham. “There are many voices in there … I think that’s a much broader conspiracy than people think. I think it’s probably six to a dozen people.”
He likened the “absolutely outrageous” op-ed and those behind it to an attempt to overthrow the Trump presidency.
“I mean, there is a coup, like saying there was a coup by General [George] McClellan and his senior leadership in the Union Army to try to thwart what Abraham Lincoln wanted to do in the civil war,” Bannon said.”You have the exact type of coup right now.”
And he was adamant that President Trump should go hard at those responsible for the op-ed.
“What was said in that anonymous letter was absolutely outrageous,” Bannon stated. “I think the president ought to make immediate and direct action to find out who the conspirators are.”
Trump told KVLY last week during an interview in North Dakota he had a number of people in mind who could be behind the op-ed, and predicted that their names may soon become public.
“I could think of four or five, mostly people that either I don’t like or don’t respect,” he said, according to Fox News.
The official trailer of “Trump @ War” can be seen below:
Latest posts by Tom Tillison (see all)
- CNN’s Don Lemon has elitist hissy fit over doctored meme Trump 2020 shared: ‘Are you people insane?’ - December 11, 2019
- Sen Graham probes IG Horowitz to explain glaring, sustained misconduct of FBI - December 11, 2019
- Fmr. Whitewater indep. counsel ‘aghast’ at how AG Loretta Lynch is unscathed in FISA warrant scandal - December 11, 2019