‘My silence is broken!’ Michael Cohen does interview with ABC, gets called out for ‘playing both sides’

Michael Cohen is finally breaking his silence after becoming embroiled in a federal investigation into President Trump’s election campaign that thrust him into months of scrutiny.

Trump’s former personal lawyer teased an upcoming interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos in a tweet on Sunday,  posting a black-and-white picture of the two sitting together.

“My silence is broken!” Cohen wrote.

Stephanopoulous also tweeted a photo ahead of the “not on camera” interview which is set to air on ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Monday.

Federal prosecutors in New York have not disclosed any details about the investigation into Cohen for alleged bank fraud and campaign finance violations. The FBI collected thousands of files earlier this year when they raided his  home, office and hotel room.

Cohen was launched further into the spotlight when it was revealed that he paid porn star Stormy Daniels $130,000 to keep quiet on an alleged sexual encounter with Trump before the election. The president has said Cohen no longer works for him and that they haven’t spoken in a “long time.”

Cohen has asked for an apology for the “misreports” and allegations, tweeting last week that he “had nothing to do with Russian collusion or meddling!”

Michael Avenatti, the lawyer for Daniels who is suing Cohen to invalidate the non-disclosure agreement she signed, reacted to the “Good Morning America” interview announcement with a tweet of his own.

“He is playing games & trying to play both sides,” Avenatti said of Cohen.

Comments

Latest Articles