White House deputy press secretary Hogan Gidley had a disappointing response for unhinged liberal actor Robert De Niro, who said recently President Donald Trump is banned from the Nobu restaurant chain he co-owns.
Appearing Friday on the Fox Business Network, Gidley informed the virulent anti-Trump thespian not to hold is breath waiting on the president to appear at one of his restaurants — De Niro and chef Nobu Matsuhisa own 39 Nobu restaurant and hotels.
“I don’t think the President is planning on attending a dinner at Nobu anytime soon,” Gidley said.
“Look, Hollywood people grandstand all the time, they’re elitists,” he added. “They don’t know anything about what this president is doing for the American people and they couldn’t care less.
Not only did De Niro say Trump’s not welcome in any of his establishments, he went so far as to say that he would walk out of any restaurant the president enters.
“If he walked into a restaurant I was in – I’d walk out,” the actor said, according to the Daily Mail.
But, as Gidley told Fox Business host Dagen McDowell, Trump’s dining options aren’t likely places the actor can expected to be seen in any time soon.
“The president has great dinners here at the White House,” he explained. “And quite frankly, he can go to many of his properties around the country and globe. He won’t be stopping at Nobu anytime soon.”
- Former Obama ambassador to Russia offers apology after boasting about his ‘lavish’ life to random critic - August 2, 2021
- Obama to host hundreds of guests at birthday bash, but don’t call it a superspreader - August 2, 2021
- ‘That’s it, we’re hanging up now’: Chuck pokes the poke-police in absurd call with ‘CDC’ - July 30, 2021