Perhaps one day a credible mainstream media journalist will detail just how destructive Barack Obama was for this country.
Looking back, it is difficult to think of even one thing he ever did that was a long-lasting positive to preserve the America my generation grew up in. Instead, we got:
- Bowing to the Saudis and Middle Eastern leaders,
- “Liking” the Cuban government,
- Calling ISIS a “JV team”,
- Professing we shouldn’t be concerned about Iran as they were “a small country”,
- Subtly directing his Agencies and Departments to either not enforce our laws or to “prioritize” them,
- Allowing or directing the FBI and IRS to target conservative fund-raising groups,
- De-funding and crippling our military,
- Giving Iran billions to fund their nuclear “research”, then naively ignoring how Iran funded terrorism with American dollars,
- Negotiating with terrorists in order to get a deserter back,
- His inability to utter the words “radical Islamic terrorist”,
- Meddling in elections in foreign countries like Israel, Canada and Great Britain,
- The Fast & Furious “gunwalking” scandal,
- Issuing volumes of executive orders that bypassed Congress’ lawmaking authority,
- Encouraging divisive race and gender behavior in this country,
- Trying to tell us that climate change was the number one threat to national security,
- Nearly doubling our national debt to $20 trillion with no positive outcome for the U.S., e.g. no new infrastructure and no “shovel ready” projects,
- Muzzling our capitalistic efforts with ever-increasing regulations and abusive tax structure on businesses,
- His education policies resulted in U.S. students being outperformed by students elsewhere in top-performing nations, especially in Asia,
- The first U.S. president to not have at least one year of growth in GDP of 3% or more,
- His regulation-happy and tax-obsessed bureaucrats drove hundreds of American companies to set up operations in Mexico and other foreign countries,
- And, of course, Obamacare.
One line of attack Obama worked hard on, and fulfilled temporarily, was his October, 2008 pledge: “I promise you…. you and I together, we’re going to change the country….”. Obama neglected to mention that change is not always positive, not always good. Many of the changes he enacted had the potential of dramatically reversing this country’s gains over the last 200 years, if his changes had been allowed to stand. Now, his legacy “achievements” are slowly being dismantled and we are making our way back to the U.S. Constitution.
Obama never believed in America’s greatness and he never made efforts to proffer this country as a standard for the world to emulate. Instead, he looked at America as just another country on the world map, and his ideal was to promote a powerful global government that would deal with the U.S. as just one country among many, nothing special. Even his wife admitted publicly that in her adult life, she had never been proud of America. In a 2009 speech to the United Nations, Obama apologized for the prior unilateral actions of the United States, and promised “real” change. And in his final address before the U.N., Obama praised globalism and preached “U.S. standing in the world is an aberration”, according to the Los Angeles Times.
We don’t need a person like this as our leader, a politician who fails to believe in America’s success as a country, unless we intend to sell out our heritage. Credit the American voter with correcting their mistake after they elected this man, by putting an anti-Obama in place as his successor. American voters were fooled once, but not twice.
- John Kerry may be the most incompetent Secretary of State in living memory - June 8, 2021
- Earth Day: A creature of global socialists - April 21, 2021
- Mainstream media becomes destructive force to society - April 20, 2021