Powered by Topple

Scott Baio gets bad news from DA about fmr. co-stars’ sex abuse lawsuit. He doesn’t look too worried.

Powered by Topple

Hollywood actor and conservative political commentator Scott Baio received bad news Friday when the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office reportedly confirmed that it plans to review sexual assault allegations filed against him by a former costar.

Earlier this year, actress Nicole Eggert filed sexual battery charges against Baio, accusing the pro-Trump actor of having molested her between the ages of 14 and 17 while the two co-starred on “Charles in Charge.”

Baio vehemently denied the claims at the time, saying Eggert had been 18 years old when they first began engaging in sexual activity, and likewise blasting her for “dimish[ing] other women who have real claims and have been victimized and abused.”

He also pointed to the inconsistencies in Eggert’s story.

“Her story keeps conflicting and changing and there’s so many discrepancies in it,” he said, referring to interviews in which Eggert had said nothing inappropriate ever happened between them and that their relationship began after she turned 18.

Speaking with NBC host Megyn Kelly back in January, Eggert tried to address this point by claiming she had previously lied to avoid hurting “Charles in Charge,” whose reruns still appear to this day on some networks.

“What my truth is,” she said, “is that I wasn’t ready to tell my story and for me it was always protecting the show and protecting that whole legacy that nothing happened there. That was my delusion and that was my cover-up always.”

Despite Eggert’s previous lies and Friday’s seemingly devastating announcement, Baio surprisingly wasn’t a tad upset.

“Scott Baio is grateful to LAPD for a timely investigation. They were presented many pieces of evidence and statements that contradicted and undermined Nicole Eggert’s untrue claims. Scott is now looking forward to the DA’s review and statement concluding this matter,” a representative for Baio told TMZ.

Some might argue that this response proves the actor is innocent, since a guilty man would not welcome an investigation into his allegedly illicit behavior.

It helps too that Eggert was just recently caught in yet another lie after she claimed that Baio had once pulled down the pants of then-13-year-old costar Josie Davis.

But in a tweet posted last month, Davis made it clear that this never happened:

 

Vivek Saxena

Comments

Latest Articles