A former campaign adviser for President Trump revealed he was not only detained by the FBI but had his phone taken away and was questioned without a lawyer present.
Theodore Malloch, an informal Trump campaign adviser and professor, spoke about being stopped at Boston’s Logan Airport by investigators for Robert Mueller in March.
Malloch told Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Tuesday about the incident in which he was “taken into a room and asked questions by the FBI,” and had his “phone under a warrant seized,” with no lawyer present.
He recounted that he had to wait for about 20 minutes and they “divided me from my wife and then searched my belongings and took me to a separate building to introduce me to two different FBI agents who asked me a series of questions,” including inquiries about WikiLeaks and political strategist Roger Stone, whom Malloch said he met only three times.
Malloch, who was touted last year as a possible candidate for US ambassador to the European Union, recalled that the conversation was actually “quite chit-chatty for about 20 minutes” as they discussed the recent Super Bowl game.
And while the FBI had a warrant for stopping him, and he was served with a subpoena to appear before Mueller’s grand jury last month, Malloch said “there were very few substantive questions” and the FBI “seemed to know all the answers to the questions.”
When asked by Carlson if he ever considered telling the agents to “buzz off,” he replied that he may have if they had gotten more aggressive.
“They were fairly benign,” he noted.
“I’m certainly willing to cooperate in any inquiry, I don’t think I have much to add,” Malloch said.
The author of “The Plot to Destroy Trump,” suggested that perhaps his book was the reason he was questioned by federal investigators, and added that he was still awaiting the return of his phone which was confiscated at the airport.
Malloch had defended himself in a statement after the incident in March, according to CNN.
“What could they want from me — a policy wonk and philosophical defender of Trump? I am not an operative, have no Russia contacts, and — aside from appearing on air and in print often to defend and congratulate our President — have done nothing wrong,” he said.
We know first-hand that censorship against conservative news is real. Please share stories and encourage your friends to sign up for our daily email blast so they are not getting shut out of seeing conservative news.
Latest posts by Frieda Powers (see all)
- POTUS delivers Naval Academy inspiring speech, remains in the hot sun to shake all 1,042 hands - May 25, 2018
- Gen. Michael Flynn’s Twitter account reportedly hacked, raises eyebrows with cryptic Hillary tweet - May 25, 2018
- Meghan McCain not only battles co-hosts, but beats back rude audience over NFL anthem decision - May 25, 2018