Bill O’Reilly is in advanced talks to star in his own prime-time show at Newsmax TV in a move that could pit the former Fox News ratings juggernaut against FNC golden boy Tucker Carlson, sources told Page Six.
The O’Reilly negotiations are pretty far along, and NewsMax is also considering hiring Fox News alumni Eric Bolling and Greta Van Susteren.
“The deals are not done yet, but talks are in the advanced stages, certainly with O’Reilly,” the insider said. “The thinking is, following a 6 p.m. news show, Greta would anchor the 7 p.m. hour, O’Reilly would be back at 8 p.m., and Bolling could smoothly continue on at 9 p.m.”
The source said Newsmax is also talking to former White House press secretary Sean Spicer about hosting his own late-night TV show. “Spicer and his cohorts would go on at 10 p.m., with the later slot allowing the show to be looser,” the source said. “But the deals are not yet signed and sealed.”
The high-profile negotiations come shortly after Michael Clemente, FNC’s former executive vice president of news, defected to Newsmax Broadcasting as CEO in April 2018.
If the rumors are true and everything falls into place, Newsmax TV could chip away at Fox News’ unassailable ratings machinery. As BizPac Review previously reported, FNC has trounced cable news rivals CNN and MSNBC in ratings every year for the past 20 years.
Fox News’ current prime-time lineup — comprised of Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, and Laura Ingraham — has consistently crushed its rivals. In fact, Tucker’s 8 p.m. show usually has more than three times the total viewership of CNN’s marquee star, Anderson Cooper.
With few exceptions, Fox News consistently beats Trump-bashing liberal networks CNN and MSNBC every hour of the day, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Bill O’Reilly was fired by Fox News in April 2017 amid revelations that he had paid millions of dollars to several women to settle sexual harassment allegations.
At the time, Fox News fans were upset that the network did not stand behind O’Reilly. But they were also upset that the veteran anchorman, who paid blustery lip service to “fighting for his reputation,” was secretly forking over millions to his accusers.
Similarly, Eric Bolling left Fox in September 2017 amid allegations that he had sent lewd texts to several female co-workers many years ago. Legions of Fox News fans rallied behind Bolling when he insisted the accusations were false.
Bolling has since been widely praised for lending his voice in the fight against drugs following the tragic death of his only son, Eric Chase, who recently died of a drug overdose. Eric Chase Bolling was 19 years old.
— Conservative News (@BIZPACReview) September 12, 2017
We know first-hand that censorship against conservative news is real. Please share stories and encourage your friends to sign up for our daily email blast so they are not getting shut out of seeing conservative news.
Latest posts by Samantha Chang (see all)
- Obama-Netflix partnership stirs mad backlash, mass cancellations: ‘Will they be paid in pallets of cash?’ - May 22, 2018
- Here’s what changed after Trump’s big meeting with Rosenstein and Wray on Monday - May 22, 2018
- Hillary still not over election, jokingly pledges allegiance to Russia … in a hat, in front of Yale students - May 21, 2018