Special counsel Robert Mueller thinks he can subpoena President Trump if he refuses to grant an interview to Mueller’s team in the fruitless Russia investigation. That’s what Trump’s former lead attorney, John Dowd, told the Associated Press.
But Dowd warned that Mueller should proceed with caution, especially since President Trump is not the target of any investigation. “This isn’t some game,” Dowd told the AP. “You are screwing with the work of the president of the United States.”
Dowd resigned as Trump’s lead attorney in March 2018 amid a heated dispute over Mueller’s request for a presidential interview. President Trump has said he’s willing to speak on the record with Mueller, but Dowd vehemently opposes this, saying the interview is nothing but a perjury trap.
Besides, Dowd says there’s no reason for Trump to waste his time talking to a special counsel who — unlike the president — was not elected by the people.
Meanwhile, the questions that Mueller plans to ask President Trump (which were suspiciously and disgracefully leaked to the media) are vague, open-ended, and in most instances totally irrelevant to the stated purpose of the Mueller probe, which is to investigate alleged collusion between Russia and Trump’s 2016 campaign.
Here are several questions from the leaked list, as reported by Fox News.
- What was the reason for your continued criticism of James Comey and Andrew McCabe, even till today?
- What was the purpose of the September and October press statements, including tweets, regarding an investigation of Comey?
- Regarding the decision to terminate Comey, when was it made, why was it made, who on your staff played a role in decision, and how was it determined to make it public?
As BizPac Review previously reported, legal experts say Robert Mueller should recuse himself from any investigation concerning the firing of former FBI director James Comey because their close friendship presents a clear conflict of interest.
— Conservative News (@BIZPACReview) June 14, 2017
More importantly, Mueller has still produced no evidence of collusion after an expensive, taxpayer-funded, year-long investigation. Why are American tax dollars still being wasted on his team of high-priced, anti-Trump Obama holdovers and Hillary superfans?
Most of Mueller’s attorneys are billing the United States of America by the hour. By the way, who negotiated their attorneys fees? Taxpayers have a right to know, and deserve to see itemized invoices every week since we’re bankrolling this kangaroo-court debacle.
Republican Congressman Matt Gaetz summed up the collective sentiment of millions of Americans toward Mueller: Put up or shut up.
“It’s time for Bob Mueller to put up or shut up. If there’s evidence of collusion, let’s see it!” Gaetz said. “If there’s not, let’s move on. [Deputy FBI Director] Andrew McCabe was present when the FBI hatched a scheme to deprive Donald Trump of the presidency both before and after his election. That is totally unacceptable, and it poses a clear and present danger to our democracy.”
— Conservative News (@BIZPACReview) December 21, 2017
Latest posts by Samantha Chang (see all)
- Ocasio Cortez: Planting cauliflower is racist, y’all - May 21, 2019
- AG Barr on protecting US presidency, not president: ‘Rules were being changed to hurt Trump…president can’t be errand boy for Congress’ - May 21, 2019
- Gillibrand on illegal immigrants: ‘As president of the US, I wouldn’t use the detention system at all’ - May 20, 2019