Sharyl Attkisson, an Emmy Award-winning investigative journalist, is among the legions of Trump supporters who believe it would be foolish for the president to agree to an interview with special counsel Robert Mueller because it’s nothing more than a contrived perjury trap.
Attkisson said if President Trump does talk to Mueller, he should be given the same sweetheart deal Hillary Clinton got when she was being “investigated” over her unsecured, private email server.
Attkisson, a former CBS News reporter, laid out the perfect plan in a series of tweets. She wrote: “Re: Trump interview w/special counsel, perhaps all can agree it should be under same terms the Justice Dept gave Hillary Clinton,” including that an exoneration letter be drafted before the interview is even conducted (which is what former FBI director James Comey did).
Moreover, immunity from prosecution should be granted to all top Trump campaign aides in the same blanket fashion they were doled out to Hillary’s top aides. Here is Attkisson’s full 10-point plan:
- An exoneration letter is drafted in advance.
- Immunity is given to top Trump aides (and they’re allowed to sit in on
- Interview isn’t recorded.
- Lead official (Mueller) doesn’t attend.
- #2 official’s family [on Mueller team] has received large donations from Trump political friends.
- Prior to the interview, lead official meets privately on plane tarmac with
Trump’s wife (to discuss grandchildren).
- Main interviewer has expressed disdain for Trump’s opponents, such as
discussing an “insurance plan” with higher-ups to undermine them. If the same
terms aren’t offered…Was Clinton’s interview process unfair? Or is the one
proposed for Trump unfair?
- As long as they believe Trump didn’t intend any harm, he’s let off the hook for
- If Trump becomes a target, it should be referred to as a “matter” not an
- Trump aides should be permitted to destroy subpoenaed or relevant public
records and wipe relevant servers with a cloth or something.
While Sharyl Attkisson was semi-joking, seeing the stunning allowances granted to Hillary’s team during her FBI “investigation” spotlights just how corrupt the process was, and how it was rigged from the beginning to ensure her exoneration.
In September 2017, Attkisson said she was not surprised by reports that the Obama administration had spied on Donald Trump when he was a private citizen. Because that’s exactly what Obama did to her.
Attkisson said her computer and laptop were hacked after she did stories criticizing then-president Barack Obama. In 2015, Attkisson filed a federal lawsuit against the Obama Justice Department (and then-Attorney General Eric Holder) for breaking into her personal computer. That lawsuit continues to this day.
While the mainstream media have been grousing about President Trump being “mean” to them, Attkisson said the Obama administration systematically weaponized federal intelligence agencies to spy on, intimidate, and silence reporters and political opponents.
The mainstream media derisively laughed at President Trump when he tweeted that Obama had wiretapped him during the 2016 presidential campaign when he was a private citizen.
But new evidence now suggests Trump was right all along. Not only did Obama and his administration deny those allegations, but the media blithely went along and covered for him.
Trump: I was "wire tapped"
CNN: Haha. That idiot @realDonaldTrump thinks he was wiretapped.
..Six months later..
CNN: Trump was wiretapped
— Defend Assange Campaign (@DefendAssange) September 19, 2017
The mainstream media, the Democrat Party, and some members of the GOP have rabidly insisted that Trump campaign aides colluded with Russia in 2016. It is now 2018, and special counsel Robert Mueller has still produced no evidence of collusion after an expensive, year-long, taxpayer-funded investigation.
- DOJ attorney in charge of election-crimes unit quits after AG Barr opens investigation - November 10, 2020
- ‘Whoa, whoa, whoa’: Neil Cavuto slammed after he cuts off Kayleigh McEnany presser - November 10, 2020
- Same media that cheered Stacey Abrams, Al Gore for refusing to concede attack Trump for same move - November 8, 2020