Birds of an Obama-Holdover feather flock together. Just ask Andrew McCabe, who’s following in the footsteps of his former stool pigeon boss, fired FBI director James Comey.
McCabe kept notes of his interactions with President Trump and has turned them over to special counsel Robert Mueller, anonymous sources told the Wall Street Journal. McCabe was fired as deputy director of the FBI on the recommendation of Obama-appointed Inspector General Michael Horowitz.
It’s hardly earth-shattering news that McCabe kept notes of his meetings with the president of the United States. It’s also not surprising that he turned them over to Robert Mueller, who still has produced no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia after an 18-month investigation.
What’s unclear is if McCabe plans to cash in on his anti-Trump animus, just like his former boss and fellow Obama holdover, James Comey. Shortly after he was fired for his bungled investigation into Hillary Clinton’s unsecured email server, Comey signed a lucrative book contract, which promises dirt on President Trump. Comey’s book will come out on April 17.
The only problem is, more than half the memos Comey kept about his meetings with Trump contain classified information, so he could be jailed for treason if he divulges this top-secret intel. On the other hand, that never stopped Hillary.
Comey shilled his forthcoming book on Twitter, vowing: “Mr. President, the American people will hear my story very soon.”
Twitter responded by reminding Comey exactly why he got fired, and how his actions incriminate himself.
1. You completely overlooked all of the evidence in Hillary’s investigation.
2. You wrote a not guilty “memo” months before you interviewed her and didn’t even record the interview.
3. You illegally leaked your own classified memos to the press. pic.twitter.com/l8mxdzriVu
— Oliver McGee PhD MBA (@OliverMcGee) March 17, 2018
Like Comey, Andrew McCabe has launched a full-out media war on President Trump, even though Trump was not the one who fired him. McCabe was fired by U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions (who oversees the FBI) on the recommendation of Obama-appointed Inspector General Michael Horowitz.
Investigations into McCabe’s actions showed he lied to the FBI regarding his 2016 decision to allow FBI officials to speak to the press about a federal investigation into the Clinton Foundation. It is a crime to leak classified intel.
No matter who you are, lying to the FBI is a serious matter. You can be jailed for 5 years for lying to the FBI, pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 1001, which states:
Whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully–
(1) falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact;
(2) makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation; or
(3) makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry
shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years.
McCabe is pointing to “mean tweets” that President Trump sent gloating about his firing as evidence that he did something wrong. But gloating is not a federal crime, unlike lying to the FBI.
And Trump’s hands are clean as far as his firing is concerned, so McCabe should quit while he’s ahead. After all, he could still be indicted on criminal charges.
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- DOJ attorney in charge of election-crimes unit quits after AG Barr opens investigation - November 10, 2020
- ‘Whoa, whoa, whoa’: Neil Cavuto slammed after he cuts off Kayleigh McEnany presser - November 10, 2020
- Same media that cheered Stacey Abrams, Al Gore for refusing to concede attack Trump for same move - November 8, 2020
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.