Steve Wynn, a one-time rival of President Donald Trump’s who became a friend, has resigned as CEO and chairman of Wynn Resorts
The company made the announcement Tuesday in the wake of a Wall Street Journal report published last month detailing allegations of sexual misconduct, to include a $7.5 million financial settlement paid to a manicurist who said she was pressured into having sex with Wynn.
The casino mogul has denied that he ever sexually assaulted anyone.
Non-executive director of the board Boone Wayson issued a statement Tuesday announcing Wynn’s resignation, NBC News reported.
“It is with a collective heavy heart, that the board of directors of Wynn Resorts today accepted the resignation of our founder, CEO and friend Steve Wynn,” Wayson said in the statement. “Steve Wynn is an industry giant. He is a philanthropist and a beloved leader and visionary. He played the pivotal role in transforming Las Vegas into the entertainment destination it is today. He also assembled a world-class team of executives that will continue to meet the high standards of excellence that Steve Wynn created and the Wynn brand has come to represent.”
The Journal reported on “a decades-long pattern of sexual misconduct,” and the Las Vegas Review-Journal acknowledged Monday that a 1998 story about claims of sexual harassment against Wynn was spiked.
“The Review-Journal’s decision came after Wynn’s attorneys met with the reporter and the newspaper paid for lie-detector tests for two women who alleged a culture of harassment at the Wynn-owned Mirage,” the newspaper reported.
The Review-Journal story included claims similar to the Wall Street Journal of women being pressured into having sex with Wynn.
Wynn stepped down as Republican National Committee finance chairman on January 27, in the wake of the Wall Street Journal story. He was the president’s handpicked choice for the position.
“Effective today I am resigning as Finance Chairman of the RNC,” Wynn said at the time. “The unbelievable success we have achieved must continue. The work we are doing to make America a better place is too important to be impaired by this distraction. I thank the President for the opportunity to serve and wish him continued success.”
We know first-hand that censorship against conservative news is real. Please share stories and encourage your friends to sign up for our daily email blast so they are not getting shut out of seeing conservative news.
Latest posts by Tom Tillison (see all)
- Law student puts Pelosi on the spot at CNN townhall: Shouldn’t there be proof of Russian collusion by now? - May 24, 2018
- Brother of Parkland victim launches eye-opening question about media’s coverage of Santa Fe shooting - May 24, 2018
- FBI agents ready to blow whistle, stick it to bosses; ‘sickened’ by Comey, McCabe, Holder, Lynch … - May 23, 2018