While the left continues to wring its hands over the imminent global war that President Trump is supposedly about to unleash with his verbal attacks on North Korea, a nation with high stakes in the issue has another take.
South Korean President Moon Jae-in is pointing a finger at Trump for another reason, giving the president “big credit” for bringing about talks between Pyongyang and Seoul on Tuesday – the first between the nations in two years, Fox News reported.
“I think President Trump deserves big credit for bringing about the inter-Korean talks,” Moon said Wednesday at a news conference. “It could be a resulting work of the U.S.-led sanctions and pressure.”
The Winter Olympics, set to begin next month in Pyeongchang, South Korea, will see a North Korean delegation as the nations begin the first steps to restoring communications. U.S.-led sanctions as well as Trump’s hard-line against Kim Jong Un were credited with the North Korean overtures, which amid the latest war of words between Trump and the leader he has dubbed “Rocket Man.”
The president fired back last week at the North Korean leader’s boast that he had a nuclear button on his desk at all tines, declaring “I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button works!”
South Korea’s president assured the U.S. that the prospect of a changing relationship with its northern neighbor would not jeopardize its own stand in the international community.
“The denuclearization of the Korean peninsula the two Koreas agreed upon jointly [in the past] is our basic stance that will never be given up,” Moon said.
Trump commented last week ahead of the talks between the two nations.
With all of the failed “experts” weighing in, does anybody really believe that talks and dialogue would be going on between North and South Korea right now if I wasn’t firm, strong and willing to commit our total “might” against the North. Fools, but talks are a good thing!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 4, 2018
Tuesday’s talks reportedly confirmed that North Korea will send athletes and journalists to the Winter Olympics in South Korea, which suggested that athletes from both countries march together at the opening ceremony. This happened before at the 2006 Winter Olympics.
Former Green Beret commander Lt. Col. Michael Waltz warned in an interview on Fox News that the moves by North Korea are part of a pattern of behavior by the rogue nation that is most likely seeking to “buy time” it its pursuit of a successful nuclear program.
Wake up right! Receive our free morning news blast HERE
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- MTG takes no prisoners in Twitter throw down with AOC: ‘You have been a coward’ - February 4, 2023
- Newsom’s wife’s uber-woke films forced on school children, complete with promotional cameos of hubby - January 20, 2023
- DOJ ramps up a ‘mere review’ to full-fledged investigation after latest Biden doc discovery - January 12, 2023
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.