Roy Moore fires back searing ‘open letter’ to Sean Hannity after his 24-hour ultimatum

Roy Moore wrote an open letter to Sean Hannity, insisting the recent sexual misconduct allegations are a political hit job designed to benefit his Democratic rival.

“I am suffering the same treatment other Republicans have had to endure,” Moore wrote. “A month prior to the general election for U.S. Senate in Alabama, I have been attacked by the Washington Post and other liberal media in a desperate attempt to smear my character and defeat my campaign.”

https://twitter.com/MooreSenate/status/930947969012158464

Moore was responding to Hannity’s ultimatum earlier this week, when the Fox News host demanded that he address the sex harassment accusations that surfaced during the past two weeks.

Hannity reacted to Roy Moore’s open letter by saying his fate will be decided by Alabama voters — not by the media or partisan political operatives.

“[Alabama voters] will make the best decision for their state,” Hannity said Wednesday night. “It shouldn’t be decided by me, by people on television, by Mitch McConnell, by Washington, talk show hosts, or news people.”

NFL ratings continue to tank, TV networks lose $500 million since anthem protests began

This week, many Republicans rescinded their support for Moore and urged him to drop out of the race, which is set for December 12. Moore responded defiantly by saying there’s no way he will quit.

In his open letter, Judge Moore noted that he had presided over the divorce proceedings of Beverly Nelson (one of his accusers) in 1999, and she never asked that he be recused. This undermines her credibility, Moore wrote:

“The most recent accuser, Beverly Nelson, was a party in a divorce action before me in Etowah County Circuit Court in 1999. No motion was made for me to recuse. In her accusations, Nelson did not mention that I was the judge assigned to her divorce case in 1999, a matter that apparently caused her no distress at a time that was 18 years closer to the alleged assault.

Yet 18 years later, while talking before the cameras about the supposed assault, she seemingly could not contain her emotions.”

Moore adamantly denied the accusations against him, and said he’s suing the media and his accusers for defamation.

“I did not date underage girls, and have taken steps to begin a civil action for defamation,” he wrote.

Roy Moore’s supporters have slammed the curious timing of the allegations. They pointed out that the same Democrats who gave former president Bill Clinton numerous passes on his decades of alleged sexual assaults are now demanding that Moore immediately drop out on the basis of unproven allegations.

Dems are now calling Bill Clinton a sexual predator since he’s no longer of use to the party. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)

Moore said he believes the media lynch mob against him is a testament to how low politics has sunk, and it’s setting a dangerous precedent. “Are we at a stage in American politics in which false allegations can overcome a public record of 40 years?” he asked.

Longest-serving Dem congressman accused of sex abuses, and you paid to shut the women up

Moore added: “When allegations of events occurring 40 years ago — and never before mentioned during a 40-year career of public service — are brought out and taken seriously only 30 days before a critical election, we may be in trouble as a country.”

Powered by Topple

Samantha Chang

Comments

Latest Articles